Chapter 3

"Hey," he sighed, opening the door of his hotel room to an annoyingly cheerful Ant stood in front of him.

"Hiya, Declan!"

Dec yawned and rubbed his eyes.

"Awww, is Deccy all sleepy? You want us to put you to bed?"

"Shut up, man."

Chuckling, Ant quickly took two steps forward to give Dec a short, one-armed hug. "I know. It's been a tiring day."

"Mmm."

Ant plopped himself down on the bed, closing his eyes and sinking into the pillows and savouring the air-conditioned cool of the hotel room.

Cracking open one eye, he caught a glimpse of Dec silently frowning into the distance.

"What are you so grumpy about?"

"Hmm? Oh, God... you know that girl, Melissa, who sits with me at lunch? Yeah, I'm just... so annoyed with her. She's so fucking boring!"

Ant laughed at that.

"And everything she talks about is just inane, and she's so clingy! I don't want to be a horrible person and tell her to go away, but how do I get rid of her?" he whinged.

Ant got up, rolling his eyes fondly as he moved towards Declan to hug him from behind. He rested his chin on his shoulder, and pulled him closer towards himself, still smiling slightly.

"Why in the world are you getting so worked up over something like that? Maybe I really should put you to bed, after all." He said, hands inching ever so slightly lower on Dec's stomach.

A barely noticeable shiver ran through Dec, "Maybe you should."

"Yeah?" Ant's voice was slightly lower now, and Dec could feel his stubble grazing the skin of his neck.

Suddenly, there was a rather loud knock on the door, making them both jump.

Untangling themselves, Ant shouted, "Come in!" as they heard the sounds of the door opening.

"Oh, hey, Simon! What's up?"

"Oh, right, you're both here...Okay, well, I just wanted to let you know that apparently ABC has been receiving a lot of comments mistaking the two of you for being gay; and umm.... well, for lack of a better phrase, they want you to basically deny it? So, yeah."

They all sat staring at each other in silence for a moment, thinking over the very odd situation they were in.

Slowly, Dec turned to look at Ant, and Ant looked at him; and both of them looked over at Simon.

After a split second, all three of them burst out laughing.