Max Verstappen's Sister (Part 1)

If we were being honest, Charles and Y/n had always been in love. It was never a secret to anyone on the grid, except Max and the two people in love with each other. It had been interesting to watch, at first, because of the age gap. The infamous seven year age gap that left every fan and every employee wondering if they truly supported the two. Although, over time, the stolen glances and longing smiles won over every person who had only once heard of F1 and, soon enough, their ship name was trending on Twitter. Max, being the protective older brother, had a fit about it when he first saw the rumour, but after lots of back and forth, Y/n had convinced him they were not and were never going to get together. That was a lie. About a week after that, Charles kissed her in the hallway of his driver's suite. It had been quick, just like the conversation before, with Charles telling her how he didn't mind the rumours and how he had loved for for ages. Even though Y/n did love him back, the amount of backlash they would get seemed to overcome her in that one moment and Charles had calmed her down with a kiss. Still, to this day, she doesn't understand how that actually calmed her down and didn't make her freak out more, but it did and it showed her how no one else mattered except the guy standing infront of her at that moment. Two weeks after that, they were official and a week later, they decided to keep things quiet. Rather than refraining from telling the public only, the couple decided to not tell anyone except his family. Not even hers. The problem with Y/n's family was a big issue. Max and Jos were of no help as they made it clear that any romantic contact with "the competition", as they loved to put it, would be unprofessional and rude to her world champion of a brother. Every time Charles passed by or he was brought up in conversation, the father and son would roll their eyes, mocking the boy she would meet in the darkness of the night. After a while, their bitter comments made her anger grow and the resentment that fostered within her was strong and neverending. It was hard to keep everything under wraps when the two people in her life that should have been good to her no matter what were ruining every ounce of her happiness the second she stepped in their presense. But then, she would be whisked away in the arms of Charles and everything would fall silent as she stared into his eyes. There was nothing the boy couldn't do to make her feel better and even if he didn't know the full extent, he would always be there for her when her family was being difficult.

"Baby?" He said as he turned the corner to find her sitting on the couch.

She looked up from her phone, "Yes, my love?" He smiled at the name and couldn't help the small blush he felt scatter his cheeks.

"How do you feel about cooking something for dinner? Instead of take out?" He plopped down next to her, letting his arm fall around her.

"Sounds good." She muttered as she looked down at her phone, scrolling through the group chat with her friends.

Charles got up from his seat on the couch, slowly taking the phone out of her hands.

"Mon amour, I rarely get to see you. Come help me make dinner?" He lovingly smiled down at her.

Returning his smile, she rose from the couch, "Of course"

-

After about an hour in the kitchen, things were not going well. After careful consideration, the pair had decided on pasta, but the dish they chose was intricate, something neither of them had the skills to do. So, the tensions were rising and the annoyance was growing.

"Y/n, can you pass me the spatula?" Charles said fiercely as he stood over the pot. Y/n, on the other hand, had been scrolling through a few messages her brother had sent her, completely unaware of Charles' request. After a minute, Charles repeated his question, angry tone seeping through. As if he hadn't said anything in the first place, Y/n continued looking at the angry texts from her brother about an article that came out a few days ago, something detailing all the times Y/n had lovingly looked in Charles' direction. It was a silly paper, a source looking for traction, but it made her brother mad. She could tell by the way some of his words weren't correctly formed or the grammar didn't match up because of how quickly his fingers were flying over the keyboard. She began to text back, not knowing what to say.