Max Verstappen's Sister (Part 2)

Warning: Verbal/Physical Abuse, Mental Health Issues, Suicidal Thoughts

"So, how are we planning on doing this?" Charles says as he sits down next Y/n on the couch of his apartment. Max sits across from them on the floor with his elbows resting on the coffee table. All three of them sit in silence for a few moments, wrestling with the weight behind Charles' question. Over the past two weeks, the couple and Max had only thrived. After a few dinners and hangouts with Penelope, Max saw how good Charles was for Y/n. Even if he didn't see how happy they were together after each dinner, the look on Y/n's face, as Charles played lovingly with Penelope, showed him how in love she was with the Ferrari driver.

"Um, well- I- what if we- how about-" Y/n tried to get out, but she came up empty every time. Charles rested his arm over her shoulders and kissed her temple as he felt the stress exude off her. It hadn't been exactly perfect over the past few weeks either. Countless nights were spent consoling an anxious Y/n over what would happen when her dad found out about their relationship. It had been day in and day out that he would find her zoned out or biting her nails over the thought of it all. It had been hard for Charles to watch and he couldn't even imagine what she was going through.

"We just have to tell him. Nothing special about it. Just... tell him." Max said, trying his best not to scare his sister more.

"But, you and I both know what he's going to do when we tell him," Y/n said.

"Sorry, what exactly is he going to do when he finds out?" Charles said as he watched the face of his girlfriend drop and the color drain.

As Y/n stayed silent, Max spoke for her, "Well, when the rumors were swirling about you two, he screamed some... some-" For once, Max was at a loss for words himself, "some pretty bad things at  her." He didn't elaborate on the 'bad things' he said to her, it was something he would never repeat. Ever.

Charles picked up on this and dropped the subject, worried he would find out just how bad the words were when he and Y/n decided to tell the man.

He would.

In the quiet of the night, Y/n tossed and turned. She tried to be as quiet as possible considering the fact that Charles was sleeping soundly right next to her.

Or so she thought.

After another turn, she felt movement next to her and a hand reaching out to grab her waist.

"Mon amour, what's going on?" His sleepy state bled through into his voice as he turned her around and enveloped her in his arms.

"I'm just worried. You know this." Charles squeezed her a bit tighter at that, wishing he could absorb all her pain and anguish.

"Baby, things are going to work out as they should. We love each other and that should be enough." She buried her head into his chest and he took that as his sign to stop talking.

Even though neither of them would say it out loud, they both couldn't help but feel like loving each other just wasn't enough.

"Now, listen, Charles." Max stared him dead in the eye.

"You are going to be the only thing in that room that has the ability to save her from him. He's going to hit her where it hurts as much as he can. I'll be standing right outside so if it gets too much or he says something that really crosses a line, you need to yell for me. You need to protect her in there." Max's pep talk terrified Charles, but that would never stop him from showing up for Y/n.

"Is it- is he really that bad?" Charles asked. He couldn't wrap his mind around the clear fear both Verstappen siblings held towards their father. Sure, Y/n and Charles had had some problems that stemmed from her familial issues, but it was hard for him to understand why they were so scared when Charles' father had been nothing but perfect.