Episode Forty-Three: Omega (Part 2)

"The siege on Black Gate seems to be finally coming to a close and the Western Alliance has called mercy against the Queen's troops." The Ûbrin woman sipped from her cup of tea, her violet eyes studying the newscast closely, "All remaining collaborators are being put into custody and the Black Gate will soon be closed off from the public until further notice."

The waiting room of the clinical wing within the Neo Axis Headquarters hummed with fluorescent lights and shuttering fans. The woman's pointed ears twitched with curiosity once a couple of photos slid onto the large screen. One was of King Seth Alabaster, his face stern and confident. He seemed handsome enough, but the goblin-like creature wasn't paying him much mind,

The second picture however...

"King Alabaster still hasn't been found, nor has his mercenary protector. Zenshi Gardener, a swordsman from an unknown organization had been missing a year prior. Though reporters have informed us that she was last seen with him about a week ago aiding the Queen's forces against the rebellion Western Alliance. More on the aftermath of this brutal battle at 9."

The Ûbrin had reached for a remote and paused the broadcast, the remaining frame now focused on the swordsman. She stood and approached the screen, admiring her features. The short, violet hair and warm, chocolate skin that glistened ever so slightly. Even her snake-like eyes were alluring. Almost to a degree that felt taboo...

So why did that only make her heart race more?

"Is the tele not working?"

The goblin turned to see a woman with spiked, blonde hair and warm, purple eyes approach the woman with a suitcase at her side. She wore a puffy, brown jacket over a very tight suit that looked like it might tear against the force from her chest. The Ûbrin resisted the urge to stare.

"Miss Dracula..." The Ûbrin bowed respectfully, "It's not the television. I just paused the broadcast..." She tried to hide the screen with her head while searching for the play button on the remote.

Dracula - first name Silence – approached the woman and offered her hand. The guest stepped aside and looked at the screen before resuming the video. The screen lingered on Zenshi for a few moments longer, leading Silence to place the hand with the remote on her hip, "Those Eastern Allegiance cretins. I wish I could assist them myself."

The Ûbrin tilted her head, "Aren't you a police officer, Miss Silence?"

Dracula sighed, showing off sharp fangs where her canines would be, "Right you are. As much as it pains me, I have to focus on making sure citizens aren't caught in the crossfire first and foremost. Besides, my organization is private and I can't make decisions like jumping into wars on my own. We have enough problems behind closed doors as it is."

The Ûbrin nodded, "I understand. I appreciate your help. But are you sure you don't have more important things to do? I'd hate to be a burden."

Silence scoffed, "It's not a problem, luv. This is what I do. Though I do have to get up real bright and early in the morning." She ventured back towards the sofa and placed the luggage down on the coffee table before stepping back and smiling, "I packed you a bag with some stuff from me and a friend of mine. Let me know if there's anything I may have missed and I can grab it before we head out."

The goblin sat down in front of the carry-on and opened it, looking through the items, "You really didn't have to do this."

Sil held her hip again, her smile toothy but genuine, "Don't be so modest. I'm more worried I threw something in there that hobgoblins don't necessarily wear. Last thing I wanna do is toss in some bloomers and accidentally offend you."