Episode Seven: Fresh Air (Pre-Edit)

"So, in conclusion, Saint Jocelyn is completely in our control, as well as the Kill Driver Project being in full effect. Not only do you have the undying loyalty of the Radical Militia at your disposal, but you will also have the undying loyalty of enhanced male slaves." The hooded girl read her report off a floating, holographic screen ahead of her. A black screen rested across her right eye.

"Very good, Number 20," Number 18 looked over his own dossier, "Everything seems to be in place. With this, the Neo Sentinels will be the strongest military firm in the nation." He smiled, "If only Jinx could be as productive as you."

The girl smirked, her black lipstick glistening against the lights above, "Of course, Commander."

"Speaking of which, where on Earth is that man?" Number 18 slid a hand through his red hair.

Just then, the door to the office slid open, the soldier in question walking through the door, a sinister grin on his face. He dragged along the noble he'd been interrogating and threw him onto the ground in front of them, "Sorry I'm late, you all. Had to make sure this noble insect was ready to comply."

Number 18 held the bridge of his nose, "What is the meaning of this, Jinx?"

Number 20 held her hands behind her back, "Just another lame antic, I'm sure."

Von-Seng stepped forward, putting his foot on the back of the man, "This is the Head of Security for the Colossus Empire. He has the codes for the city's surveillance. And he's here to give them to you personally," the soldier looked down at the noble, "Isn't that right?"

The man's eyes were bright yellow, "Yes...I will give you all the information I can spare...Just please...no more...no more of that nightmare!"

Number 20 stepped away from the heap in front of her, "Von-Seng...What did you...do to him...?"

Number 18 shook his head, "Jinx, we discussed this. You shouldn't be using that ability to fuel your selfish desires. What if you killed him in the process? We'd be right back to square one!"

The woman placed a hand on her hip, "Why not just shoot him in the legs or something? That's what I'd do."

Jinx howled, sending #20 aback and leading #18 to crack a smile, "You two should know me by now. If I say I'm gonna make something happen, I make it happen. Just like I buried the prince and ransacked all that gold."

#18 nodded in approval, "That much is true, so I suppose a bit of leeway is order. But make sure it doesn't interfere with our operation. The less casualties we suffer in during this war, the better."

Jinx kicked the man in the backside, "Get squawking, parrot. I've got stuff to do," he snapped his fingers, the noble's eyes going back to normal. The soldier then turned on his heels, walking towards the exit, "I've gotta run. Spotted some resistance near the outskirts of Royal Road, and I gotta see how well my top soldier does against them."

#20 lifted an eyebrow, "Top soldier? You mean #17? I thought he died a few months back."

#19 looked back at the woman, a grin slithering against his face like a venomous serpent, "Just wait and see, darling. Just wait and see."

#18 waved him off, "Yeah, go ahead. #20 and I have more to discuss anyway."

With that, the door shut behind Jinx, leading him to speed off down the hall, a worried look on his face, "Shit, this isn't good." He looked down at his wrist communicator, then spoke quietly into it, "This is Jinx. We've run into a bit of an issue. Commence the attack ahead of schedule!" When he turned the corner, he ran into a woman with blonde hair, who fell onto her posterior and dropped her handgun.