Episode Three: Dead to Rights (Part 1)

Seth Alabaster crashed to the ground, blood oozing from his nose. He struggled to his knees, trying desperately to counter the intruder ahead of him only to be detained by palace guards with golden sparks spilling from their eyes.

"Unhand me!" Alabaster tensed when the barrel of a handgun kissed the back of his head.

The woman holding the firearm smirked, leaning close to the new King's ear, "How's it feel being betrayed by your own guards?"

More palace guards as well as soldiers in red and silver stood at attention while three others remained on the other side of the destroyed chapel.

Hans Von-Seng held the shoulder of Saul Alabaster, the latter battered and bruised as his hands were held behind his back. The old King's glasses lay in front of him, in pieces.

His father was completely helpless.

"Father..." Seth's face was full of confusion and a touch of regret. He had always seen his father as untouchable. Resourceful.

Invincible.

But seeing him on his knees, captive and helpless. It didn't add up.

How could this have happened?

"Samantha, there's no need to goad the boy." Hans stood, addressing the gunner behind Seth, "Besides, we aren't here for him."

Samantha DePaul groaned, "Whatever you say, boss." She took the nozzle off of the new King, gnashing her teeth a bit, "Don't see why we can't just get rid of him. Back me up, Stevenson."

A man with a red and silver helmet folded his arms, resting against what was left of an altar. His voice was robotic and indifferent, "If the boss says we let the kid live, we let the kid live...How I feel about it don't matter none..."

"I appreciate the support, Juggernaut." Jinx began to pace behind Saul, a malicious grin spread upon his lips, "See, Saul? We aren't so bad. We're letting your pipsqueak son live! Far better than you ever gave us!"

What the hell was he talking about?

Seth felt a surge of emotion flow through his body. How did these monsters get in? Why are the guards helping them?

And how did these monsters know his father?

Von-Seng continued, "I'll give you a choice, my liege. Either, you tell us how to get into Edge of Reason, or we kill you here and now."

Saul shivered, "You'll kill me regardless."

Stevenson spat, "You know nothing about us, vermin!"

Jinx raised a hand, signaling for Juggernaut to adjust his navy jacket and stand down. Hans exhaled heavily, "This is how you are. How you've always been." He peered up towards the entranced guards, "This is your King?! This is the one you willingly serve?!"

Von-Seng began to cackle, a hand against his forehead, "It's comical, really! Oh, if you all only knew..."

Seth knew he couldn't just do nothing. As much as his father pissed him off, he was still his father. Electricity surged along his arms and legs, a newfound determination welling within him.

This bastard was going down.

Seth howled, expelling all of his power outward in a clearing formation, knocking several of his foes away, including Samantha. Jinx gasped and watched as Seth charged him, pulling back one of his fists, "Keep your hands off my father!"