No More Monster

Billy's POV

I take a step forward and he does the same. He opens his mouth to say something but he doesn't get to finish. My fist connects with his mouth with a force even I was surprised with.

He fell backwards to the floor and I look at Josephine. "Go." I say and she slips out of the basement doorway but she doesn't leave. She stands there watching.

He's up now and his fist slams into my face. I taste the blood and I laugh. "You're gonna have to do better than that. My old man has quite the right hook." I grin and he runs at me knocking me to the ground.

I flip him over quickly and I feel adrenaline rushing through my veins as I hit him. Again and again. His lip, his eye, his cheek.

All the anger inside of me is being released on this man.. no, this monster.

 no, this monster

I can't stop. I don't want to. It's invigorating. I watch as the blood pours from his nose and into his mouth.

I'm about to stand up, his ability to fight back long gone, when something clicks in my head, out of nowhere.

I had asked if he hit her.

Sometimes worse. Jo had said. What could be worse? I glance at her and back at him. Then it hits me.

Sick Motherfucker.

I take a hold of his hair and slam his head into the floor. My hand grips his throat tightly and I watch intently as he's choking on his own blood. It sprays out in little spurts around his mouth as he tries to speak.

I look at her, my hand still gripping his throat. I want him to die.

"Jo?" I say. I need her to tell me to stop or I won't.

I see her pale skin covered in bruises and my grip tightens around his throat even more. Her face is blank as she looks at the scene before her.

She walks closer and kneels down beside me. She touches the blood beginning to pool under his head and rubs it between her fingers.

 She touches the blood beginning to pool under his head and rubs it between her fingers