Chapter 8:

"We made it!" Gunwook shouted once they were backstage, pulling everyone in a big group hug.

"I'm proud of you guys" Heotaek spoke, relived that they passed this mission too.

"The cheers were so loud" Hanbin noted, smiling. His arm around Zhanghao's shoulder.

"I don't even care who's first and last, I'm just so happy it's over" Zhanghao sighed, walking alongside the others to the room were everyone else was waiting.

As they entered, loud cheers erupted.

Everyone smiled, watching as the tomboy group sat down on the chairs in front of the screen.

When they sat down, everyone automatically interwove their hands with each other, Hanbin on the far right holding onto Zhanghao's hand tightly, while Heotaek held the Chinese boy's other hand.

Hanbin glanced at Heotaek, hoping the older would stop holding onto Zhanghao so tightly, even though he was doing the same thing.

All of them flinched when there was a loud sound, meaning they were about to announce the Highest ranking trainee in the performance.

Zhanghao's eyes widened at seeing his name next to the highest ranking, his shoulder getting shook by his teammates, who were congratulating him.

"I knew you'd win" Hanbin whispered, shaking Zhanghao's Thigh.

————

The highest ranking still felt like a dream to Zhanghao, as he walked to his new dorm holding his luggage.

The new mission had been assigned, and Zhanghao was a member of the 'over me' team, alongside other four trainees he was pretty close to.

Kuan Jui and Ricky were close with him since they were all Chinese, and spoke in their language very often.

He didn't really talk much to jeonghyeon, but he was a cool guy. Meanwhile Jay was a trainee he looked up to a lot, since the younger was a incredible vocalist.

He has to admit though, he'll miss his old roommates. Especially a tall brunette with a cute eye smile.

Tomorrow, they won't be practicing since they'll be shooting a special episode somewhere.

The trainees hadn't received much infos about it, they were just told to be ready by 1pm.

When Zhanghao saw his new dorm from afar, his feet halted.

Why was sung Hanbin standing right in front of his dorm room??

He took a big breath, walking towards him.

"Oh hey" hanbin saluted, turning off his phone as soon as he saw the older boy.

"What are you doing here?" Zhanghao asked.

"I came to pick you up." Hanbin chuckled, putting his hands in the pockets of his dark blue hoodie.

"Pick me up?" Zhanghao frowned. What did Hanbin mean?

Hanbin didn't answer him, he only opened the door of the dorm, snatched the luggage from Zhanghao, put it inside, and came outside again.

"What-" Zhanghao didn't even have time to complain as Hanbin took his arm, and silently but swiftly dragged him to the lower floor of the building.

"Where are we going? We're not allowed to leave the building at this time" the older boy, who had now given up and knew there was no way to stop Hanbin, asked.

Hanbin stopped abruptly.

"Wha-" Zhanghao shut up when Hanbin covered his lips with his index finger, telling him to be quiet.

They were hiding behind a corner, and Zhanghao could hear footsteps approaching.

"Where could they be?" Someone spoke, probably a staff member.

Luckily, they seemed to be going in the opposite direction, so Hanbin didn't waste a second and started walking downstairs again.

"Can you tell me where we're going?" Zhanghao whisper shouted, trying to keep up with Hanbins quick footsteps.

They were on the ground floor now, and since it was late at night- probably around 10pm, it was dark enough that the camera wouldn't be able to make out who the people sneaking out were.

You'd think that such a rich company would have better quality cameras? Hell nah, Mnet obviously trusted their people too much.

"I'll show you" Hanbin mumbled when they were finally outside, while Zhanghao rubbed his wrist.

"Sorry, did I hold you too strongly?" Hanbin worried, caressing the olders wrist.

"No, it's okay" Zhanghao gave him a tight smile, and in that moment Hanbin looked at him in a way he never had before.

Hanbins eyes were literally shining, expressing an emotion that Zhanghao couldn't really pinpoint.

"What?"

"You're Beautiful" Hanbin answered without missing a beat.

"You're delusional. Just show me what you wanted to." Zhanghao rolled his eyes, but Hanbin didn't miss the way his ears had reddened.

"Let's go" Hanbin grabbed Zhanghao's wrist lightly, holding it up and intertwining their fingers.

Hanbin started walking, only looking back to wink at zhanghao.

"What's gotten into you? Are you alright?" Zhanghao joked, having no idea where Hanbin was bringing him.

"You make me do things I don't usually do" Hanbin confessed, helping Zhanghao walk over a trunk of tree laying on the ground.

"Like what? Sneak out when you know its super dangerous if we get caught?" Zhanghao asked.

"Are you bringing me into the woods to kill me?" Hanbin rolled his eyes at the olders remark, shaking his head.

"There's a place I want to show you. I found it on the first day here, when I was walking around"

"Okay, now. Do you trust me?" Hanbin stood in front of the younger.

"It depends-" Zhanghao started off, laughing at hanbins deadpanned look.

"I'm kidding, i trust you"

"I trust you with my life" Zhanghao whispered under his breath in Chinese.

"What'd you say?" Hanbin wondered.

"Nothing"

"Okay so, close your eyes and give me your other hand" Hanbin instructed.

Zhanghao complied, suspicious. "You aren't gonna kill me right?"

"Shut up and do as I say" Hanbin laughed.

Update cuz I feel depressed ✌️