Chapter 22:

In the end, they decided to draw the names. Everyone wrote their name on one small paper, while in the other box there were the numbers of the rooms, from 1-4.

"Shall we go from youngest to oldest?" Hanbin suggested, first checking with Jiwoong and Zhanghao to see if it was alright for them.

"Yay!" Yujin exclaimed, drawing his room first.

"Room 4" Yujin mumbled, his happiness slightly fading away. Two roommates? It would be way too loud.

"Okay, pick your two roommates then"

Yujin drew again, closing his eyes. When he opened them to check, he sighed at the sight of the first name.

"Gyuvin hyung" Yujin rolled his eyes, pretending like he didn't enjoy having him as his roommate.

"And then, Gunwook hyung"

Gunwook was kind of sad that he didn't get the room he wanted, but he was happy to be rooming with two of his closest friends.

Ricky went next, "Room 1!" He exclaimed, happy. "Matthew hyung! We're together!"

Matthew gasped, hugging Ricky. Even though he still felt a bit awkward with him, he was glad he could use this as an opportunity to become closer.

"Taerae, you're up next" Hanbin smiled, handing taerae the box with the rooms.

"Number 2" Taerae smiled, satisfied with what he picked.

"Jiwoong hyung!"

Wait. Zhanghao and Hanbin were going to share a room??? And the one Zhanghao wanted???

Zhanghao's eyes widened, as he turned to look at Hanbin incredulous.

How the hell-

"Destiny always finds its way" Hanbin whispered in his ear, startling Zhanghao. He rolled his eyes, pushing Hanbin away jokingly.

"Okay then, let's get settled. I say we gather later to order something to eat?" Hanbin spoke, watching as everyone nodded, grabbing some boxes and walking into their respective rooms.

"I can't believe we're actually roomies" Zhanghao mumbled, placing a brown box on his bed, which he had chosen just like that. It was the one next to the door, while Hanbin's was besides the balcony.

"I told you. Destiny" Hanbin replied, saying the last word in Chinese.

"Why do you know all these random words in Chinese?!" Zhanghao stated, exasperated. It's like Hanbin was doing this on purpose just to fluster him. (he was)

"I'm learning!" Hanbin grabbed something from his backpack, showing off his Chinese book for beginners.

"But- okay why? Only because of me?"

"Yeah?"

"Oh" Zhanghao muttered, showing Hanbin his back as he started unpacking his stuff.

He was trying not to show his pink cheeks. It would be embarrassing.

Hanbin just laughed at the action, taking out the things from his first box that was entitled 'decoration'

Firstly, he placed a framed picture of his family on the nightstand, then going over to an empty bullet board besides the desk, where he stuck many Polaroids pictures of his family, of sceneries, and of boys planet.

He put one with Zhanghao right in the middle.

"Aww, is that baby Hanbin?!" Zhanghao cooed, looking at one Polaroid in specific.

It was baby Hanbin laying on the bed with his cute yellow pajama, smiling toothless.

"Yep. I've always been cute" Hanbin pouted, poking his cheek with his finger.

Zhanghao's smile disappeared, as he grimaced. "Never mind"

"Hey!"

———

Everyone was seated on the big couch, enjoying the pizza which was courtesy of Jiwoong, laughing together.

"You know what really surprised me during boys planet?" Matthew asked, wiping his mouth with a tissue.

"Ricky... he was aways so serious and cool, and then I once saw him joking around with Jeonghyeon and then realized, 'wait, he's actually a child' I swear I never saw you acting like that! You were really cute" Matthew gushed, pulling Ricky's ear jokingly.

Ricky forced a smile, remembering the friend he wasn't able to debut with.

Besides the yhehua trainees, Ricky had found it really difficult to make friends. He wasn't sure why, it wasn't usually like that. But with Jeonghyeon it had been different. He felt comfortable instantly with him.

They had been also texting non stop, which was why Ricky checked his phone every two minutes.

"I was really surprised by Zhanghao when he played the violin. I think he was by far the most talented person there" Jiwoong said, sending a wink to Zhanghao who accepted it with arms open. "I'm going to faint!" He joked, causing laughter to erupt from the boys besides him.

"Yujin was really amazing" Taerae complimented, making the silent fan inside of Yujin squeal.

Yujin had always wanted to befriend Taerae, since he seemed such a nice person. But he never had the chance to!

He's happy they debuted together.

"I was really shocked when they all started chanting Yujin's name when 9th place was being called" Hanbin recalled how the screams had been so loud.

"It would've been embarrassing as hell if it hadn't been me" Yujin admitted, chuckling.

"Thank god it was you" Gyuvin mumbled, placing a quick kiss on the youngest cheek, making him grimace.

This felt nice.