WallyDarling x fem!reader (songfic)

|★|I Love You Too Much|★|

(Requested by: )

Wally stared into the sky, sitting in the grass just at the edge of your apple orchard. Stars were speckled along the deep blue hue, shining bright in the darkness. They reminded him of you. Your persistence to stay bright in the darkest situations. It's what drew him to you. He loved you. He loved you so much it hurt. His heart ached every second he wasn't with you. And when he was with you, his heart ached because he wasn't kissing you, because you weren't his and he wasn't yours. 

He sighed. "Oh y/n...."

"I love you too much..." he began to sing under the night sky.

--------

You sipped (favorite hot beverage) from a f/c mug as you leaned against your kitchen counter. The silver light of the moon shined through the window onto your face as you stared into the dark. The wind twirled your hair around, as if its whispy fingers were running through the h/c locks, twirling the strands of hair into a mesmerizing pattern. Your ears perked at the sound of someones voice. "To leave without you loving me back~" The gentle vocals soothed you, but you couldn't help but wonder who it could be.

"I love you to much..." 

That voice...Wally. As your eyes adjusted, you noticed the blue haired male, sitting in the grass, singing into the sky. You set your mug in the sink. What was he doing out? In the cold? Alone?...But more importantly, who was he singing about...? Your e/c eyes widened as he sighed your name between verses. 

You quickly threw on a thin jacket and exited the house. "Heaven's my witness and this is a fact." You stood just outside your home, watching in awe as Wally stood up. A tear. A single tear fell from his eye. It crushed your soul. How could you have not noticed sooner? "I know I belong. When I sing this song..." He sung. You recognized the melody and walked to his line of sight. "There's love above. Love and it's ours" you sang to him, a tint of red forming on your cheeks. The male looked to you, his eyes widening as he flushed furiously. "'Cause I love you too much" you continued, chuckling a little at his flustered state. 

He relaxed a little as you came closer. "I live for your touch," you and him sang in unison. "I whisper your name night after night..."

"I love you too much~" 

You gently grabbed his shoulder and pulled him down to sit on the grass with you. "There's only one feeling and I know it's right," you sang, cupping his cheek and wiping the loose tear away with your thumb. He leaned into the warmth, gently grabbing your hand and intwining his fingers. "I know I belong," he sang. "When I sing this song," he continued. 

"There's love above love and I know it's ours! Cause I love you too much." He smiled at you blissfully as you blushed. 

"Heaven knows your name," Wally chirped.

"-and I've been praying," you began. 

"To have you by my side," you and Wally sang in a duet. 

"Without you a part of me is missing," Wally sang the next verse. It was just a song, but everything that the two of you sang was truth as you stared into each other's eyes, getting closer and closer by the second. "Just to make you my home I will fight~" You sang, grabbing Wally's hand before his lips could touch yours. You pulled him up and led him into your orchard. The flower pedals of blooming trees blew around in the wind, catching in your hair. 

"I know I belong," you sang as you came to the middle of the forest-like apple orchard. A clearing similar to a meadow lay before you two. The moon shone into the middle. "When I sing this song..." You continued, your soft angelic voice filling the air. "There's love above love and it's ours~" You glanced to the muppet knock-off you had fallen in love with. "'Cause I love you too much~" Your e/c eyes stared into his as you sang, sending a satisfying shiver up his spine. 

"I love you too much!" Wally exclaimed. His hand cupped your cheek as he brushed some hair from your face. "I love you too much..." you stated right back. "Heaven's my witness and this is a fact~" 

"You live in my soul," he sighed, leaning in closer. "Your heart is my goal..." He sang flirtatiously. "There's love above love and it's mine 'cause I love you," he  chuckled as you flushed while his face grew closer. "Th-there's love above love and it's yours 'cause I love you," you stuttered out. "there's love above love and it's ours, if you love me..." he paused. "As much~"

The space between you closed as his lips met yours. You leaned in, savoring this moment. Your heart beated against your chest mercilessly as it deepened. It was 2 minutes long, but to you and Wally it would never be long enough...

(Bloopers)

"AY! SHUT UP!" Frank yelled at you both as you were about to kiss.

*The writer threw a frying pan at Frank and allowed the couple to proceed in the romance*