We'll Kiss Again

New Story guys! :) I felt like writing more and didn't have anything to read! Sorry if this is short, tell me if I should continue :) Also I a may not upload this story very much...it might be an 'oh i don't feel like writing my other stories so I'll write this one' story... If you know what I mean ;) I might upload faster if I get alot of votes and comments =D (hint, hint, wink, wink) Here you go! Enjoy!

*************************************************************************************

I fingered the necklace I'd received nearly 13 years ago (a thing I tended to do when I was nervous) and smiled, thinking back on the memory.

-Flashback-

"Please, please, please Daddy? Pretty, pretty, please with a cherry on-" My father cut me off. I flashed him one of my most dazzling smiles, showing off the new tooth I'd just lost. My dad shook his head and and smiled down at me.

"Oh, all right. But don't leave the backyard or talk to strangers."

I nodded my head vigorously and grinned, not paying attention. He shook his head knowingly and smiled. "I'm serious, I'm watching you, okay? Don't go too far."

"Ok, daddy."

"Promise me you won't go too far sweetie."

"I promise daddy."

He kneeled down and gave four-year-old me a hug. I kissed his cheek.

"I love you sweetie."

"I love you too daddy."

My dad opened the back door and released me. I ran out onto the deck and scrambled to get down the stairs. I rushed to the new swing set my parents had bought me. I was an only child, giving me the right to be spoiled. Skipping over to the swing set, I reflected on my dads reluctance in letting me go play in the backyard.

I assumed it was my mother. She would have a fit if she knew my dad let me play outside when it was windy. My mother was too sweet, too caring. She loved my father and I very much. When I had asked her if I could play outside earlier that day she'd said, "Sorry honey, it's just too cold and it's getting windy. You might catch a cold. Maybe next time."

Of course, I hadn't given up and had continued to pester her until she scolded me. "Ashley Marie Nicholson, I said no and that is final."

A moody me had waited and devised a plan. As soon as my mother left to buy groceries, I'd begged my father to let me out.

I plopped down on the swing, swinging higher and higher. I continued to swing, except this time I closed my eyes. Butterflies filled my stomach as I soared in the air. I started to giggle. After 5 minutes I was bored. I looked to my left. A different style of swing, one that needed two people was beside me. I frowned. I didn't have anyone to play with. I jumped off my swing and walked over to the other end of the swing set. There was a metal bar hanging down from a cherry wood bar that connected to the rest of the swing set.

I jumped up and tried to grab hold of it. I didn't even come close to touching it! I jumped higher, and the tips of my fingers almost touched it. Frusterated, I put as much force as possible into my jump and jumped higher. Yes! The tips of my fingers managed to graze it, but they couldn't grab the tan metal bar hanging above my head. I scowled and was about to go play in my treehouse when I heard a voice.

"Hi! You got a new swing set! That bar is really high! Maybe I could reach it! Do you want me to help you?"

I turned around and got ready to tell whoever the annoying kid behind me was to back off, but I closed my mouth as soon as I saw who was standing there.