He's a WHAT?!? (Chapter 22)

Please vote and comment! I hope you all like the chapter! Enjoy ;)

Jason on the side ;) ---->

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Cat woman."

"God no."

"Zombie."

"No way."

"Vampire."

"Uh-uh."

She grinned and waggled her eyebrows suggestively at me. "Cop."

I burst out laughing. "No way, not happening. Have you seen how slutty all of those costumes are?"

She smirked. "That's kind of the point. Come on, you and Jason are dating now! It's time to get past the holding hands stage!"

I blushed. Jason had asked me out- not the other was around (saving me embarrassment) on the Friday of the week I'd met him. We'd been dating for a week now and our relationship was still holding up. I was taking our relationship slowly, not wanting to rush into things. Sometimes when I reflected on my relationship with Asher, it felt like everything had gone by too fast. I never had time to live in the moment. With Jason, I wanted to savor every memory. I was allowing him into my walls and didn't want to get hurt. Going slowly was better; that way, if he broke up with me, it would be less painful than if I were closer to him.

Right now, Kara and I were in my room, trying to figure out what to wear to the Halloween Dance. I hadn't planned on going since Asher was supposed to take me and didn't have a costume. Kara and Chris were going out now (finally!) and he'd officially asked her out to the dance with him. Kara wanted me to wear some revealing, slutty little costume so I quote, 'he wouldn't be able to keep his sexy hands off my body.'

I, personally, didn't know how hands could be sexy.

"I told you already, Jason and I are taking it slow. I don't want to rush things like I did with him," I spat. I couldn't bring myself to say my ex's name. It was wrong, I know, but it just hurt too much to think about him. Saying his name made everything more real.

The more I thought about me and Asher, the more desperate I seemed. I was the one falling head over heels for Jason when I only just broke up with Asher. I was the one who wanted Asher to apologize and take me back, but I wanted Jason there for me at the same time. I was the one not giving Emma a chance.

 I sighed. I was probably being a bitch, but I didn't care. It wasn't my fault I liked Asher and Jason at the same time. It was just hard to choose. 

I liked Asher because he made me feel safe and although he had a bad temper, he still had his sweet moments. I liked him because he was willing to fight for me and I enjoyed being chased for once. I liked when he called me beautiful and I lost myself in his beautiful blues eyes.

I liked Jason because he trusted me. He cared about me all of the time. He didn't fall into the trap of cliques at our school. He supported me with whatever I did. It felt good to just hold his hand. I was comfortable to be myself around him. I didn't have to wear makeup all of the time or dress nice perfectly around him; I could wear sweats around him like a lazy bum and he'd still care about me the same way he did when we first met. 

"Besides," I continued, "You can't make me wear anything slutty if you don't wear something slutty yourself."

She winked at me. "Look at this hun," she clicked on a picture under the vampire category from the website we using. 

She'd chosen a gothic styled vampire dress. The top was a halter top-corset. Black ribbon tied behind the neck and the top was a sweetheart neckline with black lace. The corset itself was maroon on the breasts and the middle of the stomach. On the sides was white and black stitching followed by black around the torso. On top of the maroon on the stomach was black lace. The black, puffy skirt shorter than mid thigh would make Kara's legs look long and toned- that was for sure. On the legs were fishnet stockings and finally low red heels.