Mother has plans (Chapter 13)

Sorry for a late upload. Finals are a pain :( Vote!!! Thank you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I grumbled under my breath as I walked down the stairs in Asher's backyard to where his pool was. He knew I didn't like him or want to spend time with him. He knew that I knew he still wanted to get into my pants and was just pretending to be nice to me to win me over. I knew he was unable to give up using girls. Then why did he go ahead with his stupid plan anyways. He was like an annoying, persistant puppy.

"Remind me again why we HAVE to be swimming?" I muttered under my breath.

"Does it matter?" He answered. I didn't expect him to hear me.

"Pervert," I muttered under my breath. For goodness sakes, I didn't even know how to swim ! I bought the red single piece last year for a water park my parents and I went to during spring break. I never used it since then. The only reason I came today was because Asher forced me to.

Flashback

DING-DONG!

The door bell to our house chimed and I muttered under my breath. Something told me I knew who was ringing the bell and I did not like that person one bit. I switched the TV off and put my homework back in my bag. I came home and did my homework right away, ate a snack, and watched Dance Moms, my favorite show.

I padded over to the living room window and peeked behind the curtain. My worst nightmare stood in front of the door. I rolled my eyes. He didn't give up, did he? No matter how many times I told him I didn't want to hang out or be his friend, he just didn't get the hint.

"Sweetheart, what are you doing?"

I whipped around to face my mother. She raised a single eyebrow and crossed her arms. I laughed nervously. "I just...wanted to see who rang the bell," I finished lamely.

"Uh-huh," she shifted feet, watching me. I felt her eyes on my face and tried to act natural. "Are you going to answer then?"

I made up another lie. "Oh, its just the mailman. He left-"

DING DONG!

I mentally slapped myself.

Go away Asher!

My mother walked over to the front door and wiped her hands on the apron she was wearing. She was baking my favorite chocolate chip cookies in celebration for the fact a guy came and picked me up for school. She was more excited than I was.

I think she thought I was finally going to go out on my very first date since the seventh grade. I loved her too much to tell her the boy who picked me up was only pretending to be nice to me to steal my virginity.

 "Mom! Don't answer the door!" I warned.

She rolled her eyes at me and tucked a wisp of her loose blond hair behind her ear. "And why not?"

"Because- because-," I sighed in frustration, "Just whatever you do, don't answer the door."

She smirked at me and placed a hand on the doorknob. I glared daggers at the crazy woman's head and dashed upstairs. "If he asks, I'm not here!" I exclaimed as I ran farther away from my mother.

I caught a quick glimpse of her shakig her head at me before she greeted Asher. I slammed my bedroom door shut and locked it.

There, he can't catch me now.