An enemy of theirs

Silence filled the room. Lady Erica looks back at me with scornful eyes. She held her mother tightly by the arm and Ms. Sonya wiped her tears away.

"Erica, Do you understand the weight of your words at this moment." Ms. Sonya says, Her expression had turned serious, She didn't look like a worried mother at this moment, sometimes I forget she's the leader of one of the oldest clans in the lands.

"Mother, I am not mistaken." She muttered. "Standing in front of you is not only a traitor to our clan but one to the empire."

"Mother he was there with that tyrannical swordsman. I recognize that voice, I am not mistaken, I beg you to believe me. " Lady Erica cried out.

The atmosphere in the room is heavy, as is my chest. I have no idea what she's saying or whether it's true... Was I there in my dream because I was involved? What else did that vision show me?

Suddenly my head starts hurting, the more I think of the vision the more excruciating my head pain becomes.

"Ms. Sonya, Lady Erica!" Someone shouts coming into the house. Though I can't make out what they're saying anymore. I run my hands through my hair, rubbing my forehead to try and relieve the pain.

"Xavier." I hear Liraz, She cups my face and asks if I'm alright.

Her hands are warm, Though my head still hurts I think I'm able to focus on what's happening around me now. I can see a group huddling in front of Lady Erica and Ms. Sonya. I hear them exchange whispers until it stops and they look straight at us.

"Xavier, What have you done." A man asks.

"He's done nothing! We should be asking you for an explanation." Liraz answers.

" Erica is one of our wisest members who has seen the most accurate visions. If she believes you are a cause of a devastating future. We may have no choice but to investigate you and we may have to keep you here for the night" Ms. Sonya says pulling her daughter close to her.

The rest are looking at me with glares. It's the complete opposite of a while ago. It's like I'm a stranger to them.

"I can't, I have to go home," I say stuttering. I feel so anxious but I haven't done anything wrong right? I feel tears coming but I try to hold back. I'm scared. I'm scared of these people who I've known for so long.

"Xavier, calm down." Ms. Sonya says trying to go closer to me.

"You calm down," Liraz reacts, reaching her hand into her pocket. As a result, Ms. Sonya stays put. All their voices start to sound like murmurs to me.

I sigh. "Everyone just shut up." I try to say, but I'm not sure if anyone heard me.

Lady Erica's strong voice then silences everyone. "Xavier, you were involved with the Einarch family in my vision. Now let me ask you, How do you know them?"

I look at her stunned. The empire is a place far from where we're from. There's no reason for me to be involved with the dukedom, let alone meet them. But I couldn't say that. No words could come out of my mouth as all I could do was shake my head.

"Xavier, answer me!" she yells, desperate. The She suddenly takes a deep breath and looks around. "If you refuse to answer, you will be considered a danger to everyone," she says quietly this time. She pushes out of the group surrounding her and comes closer. Her ghostly silver eyes meet my gaze.

"If you answer the question, nothing will happen to you."

She doesn't need any weapon to command fear as fear looked over my shoulder. Fear mocked me for the position I am in right now. In the position of an enemy of the people I knew as family. Before she could come any closer, Liraz pulls out her dagger and points it at Lady Erica. Gasps fill the room.

"How dare u raise a dagger in these sacred lands." Lady Erica

And how dare you threaten Xavier?" Liraz retorts.

"We are not threatening anyone. We are simply asking if he had any involvement in this. We mean no harm with our words." Lady Erica responds calmly.

"Oh cut the crap I know exactly what u mean."

The room is filled with tension and glares. They all look mad yet confused. If a threat arises, my clan works quickly, and if Liraz does anything more than this I could only guess that everything will go into chaos. This pain in my head isn't helping me think, so I quickly grab her wrist that is holding the dagger and shake my head. Liraz looks at me and bites her lip while returning the dagger in her pocket.

Then I notice Ms. Sonya's looking straight at me. Suddenly she lowers her head.

"Go home. All of you." She says turning her back on me.

"Mother? We have to question him immediately." Lady Erica replies. "We may be able to get answers from him. Mother, he's a-"

"He's a child." She cuts her off.

"It's late, and we haven't gotten enough sleep since receiving this foresight. We're not even sure if Xavier understands what's going on. After all, it happens in the future."

The group who came in nod and do a slight bow at Ms. Sonya and leave. Lady Erica does not look me in the eyes, instead holding her head high and returning to her room. It's now just the three of us. Before Ms. Sonya could say anything Liraz grabs my hand and we make our way out, not saying anything.

I can feel everyone looking at us but I can't look at them back. I can't imagine what they think of me now. I wonder if they heard the commotion coming from the house. Now, I can't tell whether the pain I'm feeling was from my head or from their sharp glares towards me. 

.˳⁺⁎˚ ꒰ఎ ★ ໒꒱ ˚⁎⁺˳ .

𝑨𝒖𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒓'𝒔 𝑵𝒐𝒕𝒆: And you've made it to the end of this page! If you're new here, thanks for trying this story out and if you were here when the first page was uploaded then thank you so much for staying <333 My friend told me to leave an author's note so here it is.

Uhm I know I'm bad at consistently uploading but I'll do better T__T I also have a twitter account where I'll post about new uploaded pages and, hopefully, where I'll post updates on the story, so please check that out! Twitter: Sincerelyraine hehe pls help its a very sad account HAHA anyways Thank you again for reading. I hope to see you again soon! Goodbye and See you later!

.˳⁺⁎˚ ꒰ఎ ★ ໒꒱ ˚⁎⁺˳ .