Chapter 3 - The professor's plight

A week after I started my job, I found myself already in a bind with my work. For one, the internet didn't put out anything useful on Virtuo, it was always the same song and dance of praising these new faces in social media, forums, or comment sections. On the other hand, bodyguarding was nothing more than just picking the girls up from a meeting point and taking them to the office, not exactly the most riveting of jobs.

However, despite my little interactions with the girls during these times, I seemed to have caught the interest of someone. She was the professor of the newer generations of Hololive, Koyori Hakui.

We didn't really talk during the interrogation, but she did ask for my presence, apparently renting me out a week prior to ensure I was free for her. I found it odd since I thought they'd be more reserved about asking to be accompanied by a guy, yet there was one who reserved me the moment she realised she could.

I tried researching her on the internet to see if there were anything I could use to make her comfortable around me, but no matter how much I looked I just couldn't wrap my head around her personality and what she liked or disliked.

Disappointing, but that was that, I just needed to wing it and hope for the best.

Upholding my role, I met up with Koyori at the mall at her request and only wore casual clothes so as not to attract any attention.

I got there first and waited for about half an hour before I noticed a presence walk up beside me.

"Oh Rio, you came early."

"Far from it, I-"

Before I could finish my sentence I turned around and got an eyeful at her outfit. A turtleneck topped with a fitting coat, pencil skirt and stockings, some heels and a beret. She looked absolutely gorgeous, like a model who just jumped out of a magazine. Not to mention she fixed up her hair a bit, making it more fluffy than usual and I also noticed a bit of makeup.

Wait? Was she flirting with me indirectly?

That was what I thought, but I highly doubted that since we barely knew each other.

But wait, what if it was love at first sight? Does that even happen though?

I couldn't really follow that train of thought though since Koyori snapped me out of it not long after my brain went on that detour.

"Hmm? Something wrong?"

"Ah, no."

Of course there was something wrong, there was a cute, pretty girl in front of me. I may have been their bodyguard but I was still a guy and I could appreciate beauty if I saw it.

"You sure?"

"Yes."

"You really sure?"

"Yes, absolutely."

"Hmm... ok then, let's get going."

"Sure."

Thank god she didn't pry any further, that would've been embarrassing if I had to talk about what was going on in my head.

After that Koyori led me into the mall, and the place was crowded, unsurprisingly, it was in the middle of the afternoon, and people were probably going on dates or doing their shopping like Koyori was.

Speaking of Koyori, I tried asking her before and during the trip where we were going but she wouldn't tell me, saying it was a surprise. I didn't think that was a good idea, hiding stuff from her bodyguard, but there was no way of squeezing even a drop of info from the girl, so I just followed closely behind her, keeping an eye out for any potential danger, which in a mall full of people, could be anything.