Chapter 7 - Next Step Forward

"Why in the world would a member of Virtuo slander their own group? Is this a set-up?"

I wasn't going to be surprised if it was. Truth be told, I was just as confused as Sora, however, considering she came to the restaurant by herself and it didn't seem like there was anyone around us, I knew we were safe.

"Calm down Sora, let her speak."

Sora turned to me with a bewildered face.

"How can you say that? She's the enemy."

"I know that, but she is clearly harmless."

Sora wasn't so sure about dropping her guard, but she took my word and just sat back in silence.

With that out of the way, I turned back to Raya Glass.

"Before we get on with this discussion, I would like to confirm you are indeed Raya Glass."

The girl in front of me nodded.

"I'm indeed Virtuo's idol, Raya Glass."

"And you are also the one who was in the Virtuo forums named Virtuo Lies?"

"Correct."

She didn't look away from me once and her answers were clear-cut. She wasn't lying.

"Very well, you can start."

"Thank you. But I would like to apologise to Miss Tokino for giving her a fright, I'm sure having someone from the company that ruined you is tantalising."

Sora's face scrunched further before she let out a deep sigh.

"Honestly, I don't trust you, but since my friend here does, then I'll give you a chance."

Raya Glass smiled and bowed to Sora whilst thanking her at the same time.

From here on, Raya Glass would break down her reasons for wanting to expose Takamura to the world. From a corrupt businessman who uses his power to bully others, to using his female employees as sexual toys, and the one my sister was subjected to, forcing people to commit suicide after he leaked their privacy.

"That man has to be stopped, I've seen too many people's lives be ruined because of him, and I'm not going to let go on any further."

I could she was just as hellbent on taking down Takamura as I was, throughout her explanation, her fist balled and her eyes shone with bloodlust.

"What exactly made you want to go through this revenge plot?"

Sora asked, it seemed she was completely absorbed into the girl's tale that she was now letting her guard down and let her curiosity speak for her.

Raya Glass in turn reacted by softening her expression, swapping the vitriol-filled face with one full of anguish.

"That man ruined my mother's life and drove her mad."

"What?"

"You see, my mother was scouted by Takamura, he apparently thought she would make it big under his company, but my mother refused. She wasn't the type to dream of the big stage."

"Let me guess? Takamura didn't take it well."

"Correct. He hunted her to our home and sent some men to kidnap her. The next time I found my mother, her body was battered and covered in fluids. After that, my mother would get night terrors, she would scream and hit herself to drown out the pain, god knows how many times we visited the hospital due to a mad episode."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be, it's not like you're at fault."

"But it's a painful story to tell right? I'm sorry for making you tell us."