Choices

"I'm just saying."

"Lizzie." Hope sighed as they walked up the stairs to her room. "It doesn't matter what you wear in Nigeria. Other than Cleo and a bunch of monsters, no one will see you. Prison world, remember?"

"Right. I knew that. I just want to wear something weather appropriate."

"You don't feel the weath—"

"Lizzie!"

They turned to see Wade calling from the base of the stairs.

"Phone call for you!"

The relief was immediate. Lizzie let out a breath and smiled. "Aunt Bonnie."

"Go," Hope nodded. "I'll set up the spell. Find out everything she knows. At least we'll have something to talk about while we look for Cleo."

"You don't want to split up when we get there?"

"In a country we've never been to before and no idea how to divide the area? If we're going to get lost, best to do it together."

She had a point. "Right."

Lizzie rushed to get her call.

"Aunt Bonnie?!" she exclaimed.

"Lizzie! How's my favorite Caro-mini?"

"I'm fine, but we've got trouble."

"So I heard. Prison worlds. Not my most favorite topic."

"Mine either."

"And there's no chance Kai can come back again?"

"None. Daddy chopped his head off. This prison world is one we created to trap Malivore and The Necromancer. I'm not sure how well it worked considering The Necromancer ended up Earth side in his human form, and Malivore ended up here too." Lizzie made a face. The world may never know how any of that happened. It was like someone wrote an elaborate plot but left out some of the most important details to explain it all.

"Tell me everything."

"Well..."

* * *

"Uh, I got your note?" Lizzie held up the paper she found on Hope's door telling her to go to the garage. "What are you doing?"

Hope had set up the sacred circle with candles around Lizzie's car.

"I wanted to try something. You made me think of it actually." Hope leaned out the driver's side window with the top down. "When we project, our clothes come with us, so if we're sitting in the car, will it come with us too?"

Lizzie nodded as she connected the dots. "You think we can use the car to drive around since we can't touch anything while we project?"

"And we'll cover a lot more ground," Hope grinned ruefully.

"Cute. I like it." Lizzie grinned then she gave Hope a look. "I'm driving."

Hope rolled her eyes but slid over to the passenger seat. "Fine."

Settling into the car, they turned to face each other, joined hands, and began the spell.

When they opened their eyes, they were still sitting in the car, but they definitely weren't in the garage anymore.

"It actually worked!" Lizzie exclaimed.

"So much better than trying to walk all across the entire country." Hope grinned.