Arlong Park part 10

*8 years ago, a young Nami finishes drawing a map.*
Nami: It's done!

*Later, Nami stares at a book on the top shelf of a bookstore.*
Nami: Now if I can just get that book.
*She looks around to see if no one is around. She then climbs up the ladder to grab it and hides it in her clothes.*
Store owner: Is that you Nami? You need any help, there?
Nami: Oh, no. I'm just looking. I'll be going now.
*But as she walks away from the door, she bumps into Genzo and drops the book.*
Store owner: That's too bad.
Genzo: Damn it, Nami! Not again!
*Genzo carries her as he walks through the village.*
Nami: Let me go! I'm not a cat!
Genzo: You little urchin! How many times do I need to tell you that stealing is wrong?!
Nami: How else am I supposed to get what I need? I don't have any money! Cheapskate!

*Genzo takes Nami back to her house and knocks on the door.*
Genzo: Bellemere! I caught her stealing again! Now open this door!
*Bellemere answers the door.*

Bellemere: What do you want now? Oh, you're back

Bellemere: What do you want now? Oh, you're back. That was a quick trip.
Nami: I got a ride!
Genzo: Listen, you better gain control of her before she whines up in a jail cell.
Bellemere: Thanks for the advice. Haven't you ever seen something you ever wanted and just wanted to take it?
Genzo: You're the reason she acts this way!
Bellemere: Relax, I was just kidding. I hope you were kind enough to pay for her.
*She acts flirtatious around Genzo.*
Genzo: Um, Bellemere...
Bellemere: Thanks so much, I don't have the money right now. I'll pay you somehow. Does that sound good?
*He quickly backs away while his face is red.*
Genzo: You can't say things like that!
Nami: Hahahahaha!
Bellemere: Look, he's as red as a beet! Now then, laugh it up while you still can, Nami.

*She hits Nami over the head.*
Bellemere: Do that again and you won't be able to stand for a week!
Nami: Sorry! It's just that I really need that book, Bellemere.
Bellemere: Then why didn't you ask if I would buy it for you?
Nami: Cause I know you can't afford it.
Bellemere: Of course I can. There's money left over from the last harvest.
Nami: But I heard them in the village. They say the weather's been so good lately, that means everyone's tangerines will seal. Which means we can't raise our price or we may be able to sell at all.
Bellemere: They don't know what they're talking about.
Nojiko: Way to go, Nami! If I had stolen it, there's no way I would have been caught.
*Bellemere hits both of them.*
Bellemere: No more stealing! Right?
Nojiko: I was just joking, that's all!
Nami: That really hurt!
Bellemere: Hahahahaha! I'm sorry, but one thing's for sure. The maps you draw are so amazing, Nami.
*She takes a look at one of them.*
Bellemere: I see that you can draw land maps now, as well as sea charts.
Nami: That's a map of our island, isn't it?
Bellemere: No one will believe that such a little girl drew this all by herself.
Nami: I wanted the book so I'd be able to start studying navigation.
Bellemere: Navigation as well?
Nojiko: You're gonna be a navigator?
Nami: That's right. I'm gonna guide ships all around the oceans of the world, it will be great! And I'll be able to make maps of all the far off places I'll go!
Bellemere: So, this island map is the first step to realizing your dream. Is that it?
Nami: Mhm.
Nami: A world map, huh? Nami, I have no doubt your dream will come true.