❝ DANCER ❞

TW: ARGUMENT 

1.9K words

you sat on your desk chair, curled up in a ball mumbling angry complaints about your current situation

"how could they do this to me..? why would I want to get closer to my potential killer!?"

you fell silent as you heard a knock on your bedroom door, reluctantly getting up you slowly opened the door and saw a young human boy, who you often saw in the lab, standing in the doorway.

'wait! maybe I won't have to face them after all!' you thought, your eyes lighting up with the hope that you wouldn't be spending a painfully awkward 2 hours with the blue creatures Jake's sons as you had dreaded.

"...can we.. uhh come in?"

oh great..we

clearly, you weren't as fortunate as you'd hoped

"..sure." you said, a tinge of disappointment in your voice, "two of you will have to sit on my bed, I haven't got enough desk space" you returned to your desk chair sitting snug up against the wall, awkwardly looking at the table.

there was only one spare seat so naturally the human boy took a seat in front of you, while Neteyam and Lo'ak sat next to each other on your bed.

"..so let's start with basic introductions first, im sure you've..uhh seen me around, but my name is Spider" the human boy awkwardly scratched the back of his neck, turning towards his two friends, silently begging them to introduce themselves.

"Neteyam te Suli Tsyeyk'itan," he looked up noticing your confusion, "...Neteyam."

letting out a tired sigh, "I'm Lo'ak"

"i'm y/n," you said, your gaze never leaving sight of your desk in front of you

the first 45 minutes consisted of intense stares from Lo'ak and Neteyam while Spider was trying to teach you how to pronounce, "my name is y/n", however, it was clear that you weren't gonna get very far any time soon

"no, you have to make like an rrrr sound"

"...how am I supposed to make an r..r-rrr sound!?"

the conversation in the room grew quiet, spider rubbing his temples (trying to convince himself that he was not a bad teacher and that you were just slow)

"who really are you..?" Lo'ak spoke up, looking at you up and down. it was now clear that they had never really stopped suspecting you. you paused, taking a deep breath, you were starting to get annoyed with the number of times you'd been asked that question.

"...who do you think I am?"

this answer drew everyone's attention, the atmosphere quickly became tense, however, you remained in complete eye contact with Lo'ak awaiting an answer.

"..a spy" he paused, "I think you're a spy, sent from whatever dumb planet you came from, helping with whatever the sky people here are trying to do."

you let out a low chuckle; now you were annoyed, "you must think you're really smart, sorry to break it to you but if your tiny blue brain still can't process what I've told you a thousand times, I'm not sure you're fit to be asking all these questions"

you stood up from your seat, walking towards Lo'ak before Neteyam held out his arm protectively in front of his brother. Normally at the mere sight of Neteyam, you'd run away in fear, but the fact that the two of them couldn't even last two hours without giving you dirty looks was extremely irritating.