❝ FEAR ❞

2.7k words (mb its not long after making u guys wait LOL)

dictionary: tawtute - human | ftang - stop | tsahìk - spiritual leader/healer | sevin - beautiful | skxawng - idiot/moron

you sat on the sand, holding your knees close to you as you let the tide flow in and wash over your feet. it's been a week since you and the sully family arrived, and you haven't hung out with anybody for longer than 10 minutes. and today was no exception; you were in your own little world, looking peacefully out into the distance as you let your mind roam free.

"where's y/n?" lo'ak asked, taking a deep breath as he, neteyam and kiri swam back up to the surface. they were being taught by tsireya and ao'nung the ways of the water and failed to notice your disappearance.

"oh yeah! i haven't seen her all day.." kiri replied, feeling slightly guilty for failing to notice the absence of her friend.

"is that her?" tsireya gracefully emerged from the waves and pointed at a distant figure sitting by the shore.

"let's go check on her." neteyam said, swimming back to the beach.

your eyes were fully closed as you tried to immerse yourself in your surroundings. it was a poor meditation attempt that caused you to be oblivious to the approaching group of na'vi.

"boo!" neteyam shouted, laughing at your frightened face. "what'cha doing all alone, hm?" he sat down next to you, stretching out his legs in front of him.

"first of all, that wasn't funny! i was meditating." you pouted angrily, roughly pushing his shoulder. "and i'm not alone! i'm just..not in the water."

"and why is that?" he turned to face you curiously, rubbing his shoulder to soothe the stinging sensation.

"because..." you suddenly felt embarrassed as now lo'ak and kiri had sat down next to you, eagerly awaiting your answer.

"because??" lo'ak shook your arm lightly, urging you to hurry up.

"I'm scared of the ocean" you mumbled, looking away awkwardly.

"huh? speak up! we won't judge you!" kiri furrowed her eyebrows and moved to sit directly in front of you.

"I'm scared of the ocean."

"louder!"

"I'm scared of the ocean okay!?"

before the trio could even respond, they were interrupted by loud laughter. your heart dropped as you looked behind you. It was ao'nung (the boy who had mocked you upon arrival) and two of his friends. they were laughing hysterically as they walked closer to you.

"aww! poor little tawtute can't even swim?" ao'nung laughed, nudging your back with his foot.

your face burned red from embarrassment and anger; you stood up and turned to face ao'nung.

"shut up! at least i can breathe on your planet. try lasting as long as i have on earth." you retorted, looking at him furiously.

"yeah, that's only because you're some sort of mutant!" lo'ak shot up from his position and quickly punched ao'nung's face.

"say that again, i dare you." lo'ak spat, standing in front of you.

"lo'ak! leave it. let's just go." neteyam scolded, lightly grabbing his brother's shoulder and pulling him away.

the four of you had taken about 5 steps before ao'nung muttered an insult calling the three siblings' stupid freaks', which had caused lo'ak to immediately run back and punch ao'nung once again. a huge fight broke out, neteyam joining to protect his brother, and you entered to stop the third person from ganging up on the two.