Book 1|1 Depart

Sky Hall War Camp
Faerie Kingdom
Qian Qian

The war had ceased, Fourth Devil Prince had retreated together with the remainder of his army with a wave of a hand. Qian had won. But her victory was not hers alone, but with her fallen soldiers as well. She fell to her knees, her sword Silver Lining piercing the earth with steadiness and planted itself like a pillar. Qian could only hold on to it, her strength slowly leaving her body as exhaustion from the past 72 hours of non stop combat hit her like a relentless force.

"Qian! Qian! Qian, are you okay? You won, do you here me! The war's over!" Qin Ke appeared on her side, worried but jubilant as the same time. The war was over, Qian dared not celebrate as a blanket of unconsciousness covered her mind, leading her to fall in Qin Ke's embrace. Qin Ke's reacted with fright as he shook Qian viciously, wanting to wake up. "I'm not dead yet," Qian crocked, "I'm just tired. I want rest." Qin Ke heaved a sigh of relief. "Alright, you rest. I'm here." Qin Ke did not notice Immortal Lord Fu Jiu Yun behind him until he cast the sleeping spell on Qian did Qin Ke know of his presence.

"Faerie Grand General Xe wants you to head back to the Faerie Palace to give a report on the war." Jiu Yun said as a matter of fact-ly as he took Qian from Qin Ke and stood, carrying her. "Why me, you're by far more senior!" "And it is of that reason that I'm ordering you to go. More importantly, you are the Lieutenant of this camp and you have Qian's trust more than any of the warriors here. You're also familiar with Her Highness's coldness to her."

Silence stung between them before Jiu Yun turned and began air walking away shouting, "You are to leave before dusk!" Qin Ke, realizing this was another successful manipulative scheme of the Immortal Dragon Lord "You-! You scoundrel, you won't get away with this!" But he had, Jiu Yun had successful managed to once again pin all the work on the poor nymph's shoulders and create time for him to spend with Qian.

Qian woke up hours later, undressed of all armour and covered in silk blankets. Who else but Jiu Yun would bring silk blankets to a war camp. With a long, tension releasing stretch Qian sat up on her bed, allowing her mind to carefully think of her plan forward. Would she really do it, leave for the Mortal Realm as she had promised? She had greatly improved in her cultivation and was barely a step away from attaining Godhood and become the successor of Goddess Lang Yingxi as she's always wanted to be.

In the thousand years she had spent in the Realm of Gallops with Goddess Tian Huan and in her training with Lady Master Nature, she came to realize many things. She may have traveled all of Shangqing Realm and made wonderful acquitances and ferocious enemies, but she had not once experienced the life of mortality, let alone strode into the Mortal Realm.

When Holy Emperor Shen Ying passed away, his death brought forth the incarnation process of the deities and immortals. Legend had it that Holy Emperor was reincarnated as Buddha in the Mortal Realm, but instead of attaining enlightenment and becoming a deity again, his soul became one with nature and his existence faded with the wind.

While the Mortal Realm held little magic thus couldn't sustain the celestial cultivation of the Immortal world, gods and immortals were ordered to give up their immortality and thousands of years worth of cultivation in order to get a chance at reincarnation at the Gateway to Reincarnation, but Qian couldn't help but think if it was really worth it. Could she really give up her opportunity to godhood, especially when it was practically beckoning her?

How could she think that, she had made her promise to Master, Her Divinely Majesty, that she would face tribulations in the Mortal Realm as she wanted. Was this what Master wanted to teach her, to prevail promises over material wealth and worldly titles? "Princess General, a word from the Faerie Palace, Sovereign Lord Xuancheng has a Heavenly Edict for you and requests that you set off immediately." What! This was surreal, not only was she to receive a Heavenly Edict but from her rumored birth father as well?