Book 1|2 Son of Heaven

Seventh Heaven
Celestial Eastern Hall
Ying Yuan

The God of War knelt, his hands and glorious silver armor covered with the blood of demons and his own, consciousness threatening to leave him as his wound bled out profusely. However, Ying Yuan didn't mind it, the pain. He barely realized it with his mind trying to concentrate on the Heavenly Emperor's words. Something about...the Mortal Realm? Reincarnation and tribulations? He couldn't quite say which was which.

"Ying'er, you cannot be so stubborn. Just stay here and let the Holy Seal Immortal take care of you. He was once know as the Celestial King of Medicine, you need not sacrifice yourself." Heavenly Emperor pleaded at the comfort of the Hall's throne. In the presence of Sovereign Lord Xuancheng and Holy Seal Immortal Dongfang Xu, Primordial God Ji Ze had requested to Ying Yuan going through mortality in order to regain the better part of his vitality.

While Ying Yuan had yet to agree or disagree, Sovereign Lord Xuancheng had heard rebellion from the Heavenly order with Ji Ze's words, making the room tense. It was no secret that Sovereign Lord Xuancheng, Shen Feng Xuan and Primordial God of time and prophecy, Ji Ze had never been on good terms and rarely agreed on matters regarding the Six Realms. Heavenly Emperor cared not of this, but only cared for his son, his creation, his God of War, Ying Yuan.

While many were made to believe that Ying Yuan was a blessed creation, many thought of him deep down as an abomination, a creature made to satisfy the Heavenly Emperor's whims and cement his position in the Great Heavenly Throne. Heavenly Emperor Shen Mengsha created Ying Yuan from the Golden Phoenix Blood of the Phoenix Queen Feng Wu merged with half of the Heavenly Emperor's primordial essence which oozed power like that of a thousand Suns. Together birthed a holy primordial heart which gained wisdom and birthed Ying Yuan.

Because of such strong fire Qi, Ying Yuan lived his entire life in isolation, only meeting Heavenly Emperor and Sovereign Lord Xuancheng, his Heavenly Father and Uncle respectively. On rare occasions would he meet the other high deities, however as the God of War the rare occasions have been more frequent due to the presence of war against the Demon Realm.

Now with the Hell Overlord dead and Devil Prince Xuanxiang (Fourth Devil Prince) defeated, victory sided with Heaven. The aftermath, which includes the death of many high immortals and a severely injured God of War, however threatened the stability of the reign of Heaven over the Six Realms. Thus the meeting before Ying Yuan in the Celestial Prince's Seventh Heaven. Ying Yuan was also known as Celestial Prince as he was the son of the Heavenly Emperor.

"Replying to Heavenly Father, this humble servant dares not indulge in mortal pleasures as it is against the Heavenly order, thus would like to refuse the Primordial God's suggestion. However, with the Six Realms in peace, the Demon Realm's surrender and the beginning of a new era of prosperity, this humble servant sees no harm in serving the mortal tribulations as a way to speed up my recovery. It is for the good of the Six Realms that the sovereignity of Heaven is undisturbed and disthreatened."

"Nonsense!" The Heavenly Emperor boomed. "Now that you're God of War you think your life is no longer of use. You want to go against all i have taught you so you would experience the seven sorrows. You're delusional, I'll never allow this."

The Heavenly Emperor's anger was unjustified, Holy Seal Immortal thought. While the God of War was trying to exercise his duty to keep the Heavenly Realm's sovereignity in check, the Heavenly Emperor's worries lied with the absence of a God of War. With the Demon Realm's surrender didn't necessarily come with peace, but the disagreement and misunderstandings between Heaven and Hell had been mostly dissolved and peace was eminent. Holy Seal Immortal could tell that Ying Yuan's injury was serious, yet Heavenly Emperor had him kneel in the middle of the hall instead of allowing him rest.