Book 1|3 Portal to Reincarnation

Mount Yuxi
Heaven Earth Dominion
Yun Xi

Life as the gatekeeper of the Pools of Rebirth, otherwise known as the Gateway to Reincarnation, was lonely and forlorn to poor immortal lord Yun Xi. Having lived as long as the mountain itself, Yun Xi didn't carry any sense of old age with his long silver hair and handsome black eyes. Adorned in black, many would think of him as Hades Courtier, and he didn't care to deny or accept. Yun Xi stared at the starry portal, it's shimmers always appeared inviting and splendid, but Yun Xi was not here of his own choice.

Yun Xi had two great masters in his lifetime, the late Holy Seal Immortal Long Yuan Xu and the late God of Mountains Zhou Youqin. However, it seemed his lowly status as the remaining descendant of a sinful clan denied him the chance to steer his own fate towards the path of his choosing. Abolished from Heaven, yet abhorred in the Otherworld, Yun Xi could only seek shelter in Mount Yuxi.

Lost in his own thoughts, Yun Xi failed to acknowledge the young immortal lady calling out to him. "Immortal Lord! Immortal Lord!" Yun Xi leisurely turned to meet the young lady's eyes that seemingly brimmed with anger and worry, able to hide how startled he was by her presence. Rarely did immortals, let alone gods, come to face reincarnation as it meant giving up their years worth of cultivation. Many were naturally unwilling to give up material wealth thus died without hope of rebirth.

"What brings the Goddess of Harvest to Mount Yuxi?" Yun Xi uttered sounding distracted, his posture remained lax and unfazed. Tian Xian froze, not expecting Yun Xi to be the guardian of the Portal to Rebirth, "You, why are you the one here?" "I'm admonished in Heaven, loathed in Hades, where else does Tian Xian expect me to be?" Yun Xi questioned, meeting Tian Xian with a hard expression. "I didn't mean it that way, you should have heard I've long been demoted from the title. I'm the Spring Immortal now."

Yun Xi laughed, "Truly the Heavenly Emperor holds no mercy. Back then I was punished for the sins of my martial brothers and doomed to death. My clan, the White Bear clan of the Kingdom of Beasts, were slaughtered for guarding against Heaven. It's a joke that Mortals pray to Heaven, while we deities suffer the same injustice from Heaven."

Tian Xian remained silent, knowing better than to disagree. Despite being the daughter of the Divine Lady Nature, the greatest of the Others, her sister Tian Huan was bullied and condemned for advocating against the Heavenly rule of abstainance from love and lust. Because of this Tian Huan was banished from Heaven and forced to live in the Realm of Gallops under their mother's, Divine Lady Nature's protection.

"I'm not here to defend or demonize Heaven," Tian Xian shifted focus, revealing the nearly lifeless body lying behind her. "I want him to be reincarnated. I may need Hades Courtier's guidance in the matter." Yun Xi arched a brow, surprised at Tian Xian's sudden demeanor, as he approached the unconscious body. It was a man dressed in demon realm clothing, seemingly young however immortality, like youthfulness, was a delusion to the eye. "Do you know him?"

"Does it matter, i want him to go through mortal tribulations, whether or not i know him shouldn't really be of concern." Yun Xi nodded, "So you don't know him." He uttered conclusively. "You..." "He's clearly from the Demon Realm, however death and life transcends beyonds the grudges of Heaven and Hell. I could help him, but he needs more qi in order to survive the journey. You may need to sacrifice some if you intend to have him survive."

Tian Xian frowned, "What will happen if he goes as he is?" "He'll die at childbirth, of course." Yun Xi uttered as-a-matter-of-factly, turning his back on the two. Tian Xian sneered at Yun Xi, before wistfully looking at the unconscious warrior laying at her feet. He knew nothing of her, and she knew nothing of him, but she couldn't allow herself to ignore such a critically injured warrior. It reminded her of Gaoshi, and her incapability to save him.