Book 1|4 It's time

Mount Yuxi
Heaven Earth Dominion
Yun Xi

Having made up his mind, Jiu Yun fell to his knees, his palms in the fashion of traditional Fire Dragon salute,"I, Fu Jiu Yun, promise you now Senior Martial brother Yun Xi, that no one will make you bear responsibility should anything happen to me. I am also aware that it will not be assured that she and I will ever cross paths in the Mortal Realm. However I can't bear the thought of living without her. I plead desperately that you allow me to do this."

Jiu Yun bowed to have his forehead meet the ground at Yun Xi's feet. Jiu Yun had decided against separating from Qian, even with all the odds against him, he was willing to fight every battle in order to stay at Qian's side. Jiu Yun's kowtow left Yun Xi in a disheartened mood. Left with no other option, Yun Xi crouched to aid Juu Yun back to his feet, "Yun'er, rise. Don't fall to ceremony."

Tian Xian knew that Yun Xi had no option but to accept Young Prince Fu's request. She sighed, walking further from the two and staring at the sky of orange and pink hues. The sunset sky stood witness to the young immortal courting death. Truly the poem words were proven, Mortals despise death as it is inevitable, Immortal court death as it is their long lover. Yun Xi uttered with a hard tone, "You do know that only with those with a inch of their lives left to cling to can truly survive the Portal of Rebirth. Understand?"

Jiu Yun nodded firmly, "Jiu Yun understands. I allowed this, you need not hesitate for my sake." Pausing to see whether he was indeed certain this was what he wanted, Yun Xi stared deeply into his martial brother's eyes. Yun Xi never knew what love meant, nor will he ever know, but he understood a piece of it just by staring into Jiu Yun's eyes. Fear of losing. Eagerness in yearning. That's what Yun Xi saw, and it helped him reassure his heart that he was doing the right thing for Jiu Yun.

No longer hesitating, Yun Xi released a massive power from his gut to his palm as he struck Jiu Yun's heart chamber. This sent Jiu Yun in the air only to meet the ground with a loud thud. Jiu Yun immediately spout blood, his qi draining faster than blood from his body, leaving him weak and helpless. But he dared not complain, after all he wanted Yun Xi to not hold back. The faster he neared death, the sooner he would join Qian in the Mortal Realm. He smiled, revealed his blood stained teeth, and marveled at the thought of loving Qian for more than one lifetime.

It was but such bliss to the Young Prince.

Yun Xi surged forward, this time striking Jiu Yun with three consecutive moves, throwing Jiu Yun close to the cliff's end. Jiu Yun would have fell over were it not for Tian Xian's interference, using her power to hold Jiu Yun before he could fall. Jiu Yun spit more blood, this time darker and more grotesque. Yun Xi had poisoned him. "Yun Xi, you're too cruel." Tian Xian chastised, then used her power to strike Jiu Yun's back, making him vomit the poison.

"The Three Moves of Hades is supposed to quicken the loss of qi and ease his way to near death. It's the only way to hurry this, you think I want to hurt him so much?" Yun Xi defended, holding back the surge of blood clotting his throat. The Three Moves took a lot of qi to manouvre, and with his old injuries still hurting it was really not doing him good.

It was Tian Xian's turn, as she gathered her power to her palm, and with great force struck Jiu Yun's back, sending him flying into the Portal of Rebirth. Yun Xi stared at Tian Xian perplexed, "What have you done? You..." "Relax," Tian Xian dismissed, "that surge of power was enough to destroy his Immortal marrow. He won't suffer the so-called catastrophic reincarnation you're worried about." Yun Xi shook his head, seeing it useless to let her know that it was because she used such force of power that worried him.

Before Tian Xian could notice Yun Xi's worried expression fall more, a whoosh sound displaced the air. Tian Xian felt the familiar aura before she even met her brother's face. "Xian, why are you here?" Tian Yuan Ke asked, startled by his sister's presence in Mount Yuxi. "There's been a shooting increase in reincarnating souls recently, she offered to help me today." Yun Xi answered sarcastically, making Tian Xian roll her eyes. "Immortal Lord Yun Xi, you're here too!"