3|The Cove

Junkyu in his sleep started to stir awake as he heard the familiar animal sounds from outside their house. There were hens clucking and then roosters loudly crowing from somewhere along with the flock of sheeps going baa. The sounds most likely were coming from the nearby houses of the neighbors with hen coops and sheep pens. The air smelled of salt from the sea humidity and also animal farm poop. It was just the common peaceful atmosphere Junkyu had been accustomed to waking up to. It lulled him immensely back to sleep like it often does.

He would often sleep some more especially when there were no dragon raids attacking their village and burning their houses to the ground. A fact to know about their tribe or island is that most houses are often new. And it was because of the different dragons' fire that ate up the wood the houses are made up of.

And so, since the air smelled of sea and not of smoke, along with the sounds outside being the animals and not screams of a battle field, Junkyu pulled his fur blanket closer to him. He sighed contented, trying to submit his body to sleep's embrace once again. But he wasn't going to be able to get some shut eye further because just then a loud voice was shouting from outside their house.

"Junkyuuu!!"

Junkyu's eyes were immediately wide open. He stayed frozen in his bed lying. He didn't get up just yet. Junkyu clearly knew who was shouting.

"Kim Junkyu! Get out of your house now!!" Jihoon shouted with no care for other listeners nearby. A series of loud knocking through the front door followed after.

That's when Junkyu finally sat up and stumbled his way out of his bed. He tripped and almost landed face first to the floor while trying to get to his window. When he opened his window he undoubtedly saw Jihoon below from the second floor of his room. The boy was waving at him and smiling brightly. Junkyu almost wanted to throw something at Jihoon for being so stupid to make such ruckus when his father could potentially be still in the house. He could only imagine his father would be shouting at Jihoon for being so loud, for disturbing them and even being disrespectful. But since his father had not yet at all come out at his new friend swinging an axe, that could only mean his father was no longer at the house. Which was how it often was as he was the chief of the village. He needed to wake up early and leave the house to attend to his chiefly duties.

"Wh-what are you doing here?" Junkyu questioned him.

"What else would I be doing here? I'm here because I'm new and you need to tour me around your island." Jihoon answered him.

"Tour?" Junkyu looked confused but he knew what Jihoon meant. He needed clarification.

"Yeah, like show me around. Now get down here!" Jihoon shouted again. He gestured with his right pointing finger to the ground beneath him to further expound on expecting Junkyu's immediate presence.

Junkyu blinked his eyes. He rushed away from the window and did a speed run of making himself look presentable before he faced Jihoon. He finished with fixing his bed head hair and hurried himself downstairs. He saw some cold breakfast left at the table. Junkyu wondered if Jihoon had already eaten before he got here to his house. Junkyu proceeded to the door to open it and was greeted again by Jihoon's smile.

"Good morning Junkyu!" Jihoon greeted him as if he hadn't already been talking to Junkyu a while ago.

"You're insane. You shouldn't go shouting at houses again. Especially mine, you're lucky my father is not here to hear you. He'd be furious if you'd have disturbed him." Junkyu said looking worried.

"Don't worry. He wasn't here when I started shouting and banging on your door. I saw him leave to somewhere as soon as I got here." Jihoon said and made motions with his hands to make Junkyu stop fretting.