5|The Blacksmith

"I still can't believe you're actually an apprentice for a blacksmith! And not just any blacksmith but the best one here in Berk?! That's so cool! Do you make swords? Hammers? Spears? Shields? Axes?! What about axes?! Can you make me an axe?!" Jihoon gushed and jumped around while making gestures with his hands to imagine the way he knows how each weapon is used.

The two friends were on their way to the forge.

Junkyu chuckled smiling at Jihoon's wild energy at full display to him once again. After Jihoon finished with his sentence, he raised a hand to slap Junkyu on the back because he just couldn't contain to himself the excitement and laudation he developed for the heir of Berk. Junkyu just kept surprising Jihoon everyday as they get to know each other more and more.

When Jihoon's hand made contact with Junkyu's back, he had placed too much strength into his friendly slap that it made Junkyu almost fall over to the ground. However, he caught himself before he could do so. Junkyu grunted from the force and gasped from the way it felt like getting the wind knocked out of his lungs. Junkyu simply laughed nervously, rubbing on his back and looking at Jihoon's oblivious and distracted state to notice what he did. It was now getting imprinted into Junkyu's head how Jihoon has a habit of hitting people whenever he is feeling extreme emotions. Or maybe it was just Junkyu he hit and not other people. Junkyu could only wonder if and how would Jihoon hit people if is he was in an angry frame of mind. He shuddered at the thought of how that would turn out. He would not be standing near Jihoon if he ever came to that emotion.

"An axe for a weapon in a fight would be so cool! I could go like this! Swing it like this! And chop my enemy down like this!!" Jihoon illustrated each movement, moving his arms around to portray wielding an axe. A battle cry coming out of his mouth with each forceful swing.

Junkyu laughed nervously once again and gulped down the lump in his throat as he heard and watched Jihoon. He even ducked down to avoid a swing from his friend that would have surely knocked him out if he got hit.

"Whoops! Sorry!" Jihoon apologized feeling sheepish and finally stopped. "I just got too excited." He smiled shyly looking to the ground.

"Yeah, I can make you one. I have forged a few, mostly swords and done some shields. This'll be my first to make an axe." Junkyu shared looking fondly at Jihoon whose eyes widened, almost sparkling with joy from the idea.

"Really?! You would do that for me?" Jihoon gasped, unable to believe Junkyu would actually take the time to make an axe for him.

"Of course! But it might take some time, I'll have to start first with the sketches. Get the designs and measurements that you would like and would suit you. Then find the perfect materials for it. Once I've gathered the materials I'll then work on forging it." Junkyu listed out while counting with his fingers.

"Wow, you seem to already know a lot about blacksmithing." Jihoon awed looking impressed.

"Yeah, I've been an apprentice since I was little. Well, littler." Junkyu emphasized the last part.

"Wait, how old are you again?" Jihoon asked.

"I'm nine and will be turning ten a few days soon." Junkyu answered.

Jihoon gasped hearing his answer.

"Shut up! Your birthday is in a few days?" Jihoon asked surprised.

"Yeah." Junkyu chuckled seeing his funny face.

"If I hadn't asked you would have never told me! Well, at least I know now. I should now think of what present can I get you." Jihoon wondered out loud, placing a hand on his chin and looking up to be as if he was in deep thought.