4|The Misfortune

The sky had turned from blue to an orange hue. The clouds looked golden with purplish and pink tints. It was breathtaking to watch the sunset sky from the viewpoint by the cove. The two friends had stayed there the entire day. During noon, they satisfied their hunger with the two fishes they had struggled a lot to catch from the pond. Jihoon had been the first one to try and start the fire so they could cook the fish but he had very little patience for it. He started to complain and fume over the dead wood. Like as of it were the pile of woods fault that he hadn't set them on fire yet. Junkyu was the one who actually set the branches and wood they collected into ablaze. The heat helped them cook their fish. The two spent their time in the cove, talking, sharing stories and playing games. The time flew and soon dusk edged closer and changed the sky. With the day's fading sunlight the campfire they kept alive became their light.

"We should make this place our hideout." Junkyu suggested.

"Sure! That's a great idea! We can build a small fort here or use the cave! It seems empty so I'm sure we can work something out of it." Jihoon added with a shrug.

"Yeah! That's a great idea too!" Junkyu jumped all excited. He noticed the darkening sky and realized how much time they have spent outside. Another thing he noted was that they had not once bothered thinking that maybe it was now time to go back to the village. He sighed saddened by how time flies so fast when you are having so much fun. "It's getting dark. We should probably start heading back to the village now. We wouldn't want to get attacked by a dragon when we can't see it." He said.

"Good point. Let's just put out the fire first." Jihoon got up from the ground and started patting off any dirt he got on his clothes.

"Wait, we can use one or two as torches to light our way since it is already a bit dark." Junkyu said and got to doing that exactly. "I'm sorry for keeping you this long. Your parents might probably be worried looking for you by now."

"Yeah, you're probably right. But I did told them I was gonna be with you the entire day so they shouldn't be that too worried." Jihoon said taking the other end of thick branch from the campfire that wasn't being eaten by the fire. "Let's go! We should make it in time before it gets entirely dark!"

"Wait! We still haven't found a way to get out of here." Junkyu pointed out worried.

"Actually, I did find one! When we were gathering branches and twigs for the fire, there's a gap in the rocks over there!" Jihoon pointed over to where he was referring to. "Both of us can squeeze through the rocks and through there, there's like more rocks that somewhat form like stairs which we can use to climb out!" He explained.

"That's great! We now know a way out and a way in where we don't have to fall." Junkyu laughed.

The two climbed out the cove. They left with remnants of their dead camp fire back down there. The two walked together in the forest, looking for their way back. Junkyu had a bit of difficulty maneuvering through the unfamiliar trees as he had never been this far into the forest before. Also it was harder with the lack of sun light to help him see the area. However, they both managed and soon got out of the forest.

"Phew! I thought we'd be stuck in that forest!" Jihoon said relieved they made it out alive.

"Yeah." Junkyu chuckled. "We can go around the village tomorrow. I think we've already seen enough of the forest today." He added.

"Yeah." Jihoon nodded smiling. "Thank you for today Junkyu. I really enjoyed our time today! I hope you enjoyed too!"

"Of course!" Junkyu smiled. "Well, I wouldn't want to keep your parents waiting any longer. Bye Jihoon! See you tomorrow!" He waved.