Prologue

"What we're doing is wrong." I whisper to him, hoping he would understand why and would let me go. His warm blue eyes stare at me while trying to consider what I've just said. His hands however, don't go away from my hips, trying to keep that physical closure he's been craving for so long.

"Why is me loving you wrong?" He asks while looking through my eyes into my soul, searching for the true answer he knew I wouldn't say out loud. Not being sure about what I should do, I choose to stay silent for another few seconds, where everything I hear in the silence between us, are the only two hearts beating for each other, trying to connect through our walls, which we've built our entire lives, in order to protect us from the rest of the world and from the pain we are too scared of feeling again.

"Because this is not real love. You think you love me, but we both know, that this is just your mind trying to play with your soul. I've seen it before and I don't want you or me to hurt after you realize, that this hasn't been real." I whisper once again to him, trying to escape his gaze, not being able to vocalize my words louder than this. Once again, he's watching me intensely while trying to look for the real answer.

After a few seconds that have felt like a lifetime, he lets go of my hips, bringing his hands to my face, holding me, so I look one more time at him; at his beautiful blue eyes, reminding me of the blue sky I've looked at while daydreaming one too many times. His blue eyes, that are looking into my soul directly, knowing the true me without the mask I've been trying to hide behind, while struggling to protect me from the rest of the world. His eyes, that combined with the sun's warm light, look even softer and safer, giving me the feeling of being truly loved.

Holding me in place, like his life is depending of me, I hear him say "Look at me and tell me you don't feel this. I might be considered crazy and I understand why you're scared of us, but not even once in my whole life I've been this sure about something like I am now. I know that this between us will work, if you would give us a chance. Don't think of the world for one second; think of me and you against the world that made us feel so much pain."

Not once breaking the eye contact, I am completely unsure of what I should do or say. The warmth of his hands on my already red cheeks gives me the comfort I need to stay sane. I could stay like this for an eternity, knowing I am safe when I'm near him, feeling his touch on me, leaving invisible marks of love and closure on my skin, making my heart skip a beat.

I keep looking at him, knowing that he's more than ready to tell me more, his eyes appearing full of hope and confidence in himself. "Think of us together and the opportunity to do something for once, that just feels right; something you choose, because you want this. Do it for yourself and for your heart. Look right into my eyes, discover my soul, and tell me what you want. I am done playing around, so tell me you want this as much as I do."

Hearing him saying those words, leaves me blocked. I feel my eyes getting wet, knowing that every bit of emotion I've been feeling for him, will come out together with my tears, unable to go against it anymore. Before that, I knew how I could make him go away from me and my fucked-up life. But now I know how stupid I would be if I chose this. Once in my life, I decide to fight against my demons, for him; for us.

With teary eyes, I decide to embrace myself and cup his face with my cold hands. Feeling his warmth and seeing him through his eyes, I smile and whisper to him as quietly as I could "I want this so fucking much. I want you. I want us."

And with that, I feel his soft pink lips against mine, his hands taking mine and holding them, sharing his warmth with me. Trough the soft kiss, he gives me all of him, trying to show me his undying love for me, making sure that I wouldn't be able to run again from him.