[:2:]

"When it's your turn, state your first and last name and say something about yourself." I roll my eyes in annoyance "As an example, I'll start us off." He writes his name on the white board "My name is Thomas Walter and this is my first time teaching my own class, I look forward to being with you all!"

'Are introductions really necessary?' The red head went, then Aiden but I eventually got called up "um M/n L/n and I like F/d" I sat back down thinking about how stupid this is 'Why did we have to do introductions?'

"Alright, now that introductions are done, let's talk about the semester-long group project!" I groan not wanting to do a project 'Is he serious?!' "Today you'll be choosing your group partners for the project and each group should consist of six people each."

'Maybe he'll let me work alone' I thought as I was not wanting to be grouped up with people I don't know "Oh, and no one will be allowed to work alone." 'I jinxed myself!' I see Aiden get up and go to the red head in front of me.

"The rest of class will be about the project, so go ahead and sit wherever you want with your group for today." '...Howed I end up here?' there was an odd number of students so I got put in a random group, 'This silence is so awkward' I inwardly groan.

"Our main focus the semester will be the history of Georgia's oldest city, Savannah." I get a little excited sense it seemed interesting enough "This is also what your project will be about and the topic you'll choose to present on are stated in your rubric."

"Additionally, there is an overnight field trip to go along with the project!" 'A field trip? Now? not that I'm complaining' "Of course it's optional, however those who attend can get extra credit for your individual grade." Everyone in the classroom gets visibly excited

"If you are interested, the permission slips are on my desk and include everything you'll need to know." 'Im not sure if I'm gonna go I have to much stuff to do at home plus mom would probably get mad' "For the rest of the period, please choose what topic your group would like to present on, you've got twenty-five minutes so spend it wisely."

[Time Skip to the end of class]

"Don't forget to have the slips signed and bring them back on monday." ' It seems a bit more fun then I first thought so I decided that I was gonna grab a paper, I've already been put in a group chat "hmm?" ' oh!, That means Aiden and Ben have my number now I don't have to ask, convenient' i walk over to Mr Walters desk to look at the form

'I know I have things to do, but it's an opportunity to get away from my mom, don't hate her but she can be controlling sometimes' I took a form walking past Aiden and Ashlyn. After the rest of my classes i get on the bus home, I put on my headphones and listen to f/s trying to ignore the constant yelling 'why are high schoolers like this i thought we left it in middle school'.

Helloo sorry i haven't posted anything ive just lost motivation to write, but I'm starting to do it again so I'll try to start posting more regularly
Its a bit shorter then I was hopeing😭

Have a good night/day

Word Count: 600