-11-

"People are stupid."

"Why the fuck would you say that?!" Andrew exclaimed at Claire.
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to- It just came out, I don't know why I said that, Oliver, Im sorry." Claire sputtered guiltily.
"I get that you two have a past and that you know all about our home life because you used to be his best friend, but that doesn't give you any right to just blurt out stuff like that. Especially not his biggest secrets, Princess!" John shouted enraged
Brian was still looking at Oliver, whose expression had turned unreadable, almost emotionless.
"Ollie? Are you okay?" He whispered.
"Fine." Oliver muttered barely audible, not doing a great job at convincing Brian and his brother.
"No you're fucking not." John scoffed.
"Just forget it." Oliver managed to raise his gaze to meet that of his brother's.
"But you-" Brian started.
"I said forget it." Oliver didn't raise his voice or glare, yet Brian still immediatly shut up because of the dangerous tone.
John went back over to his previous spot while Andrew and Allison just silently watched the scene unfold. Oliver shifted his gaze to Claire, then around the room to everyone else.
"You guys want to know why I got detention in the first place, right? Well since Claire decided it would be fun to spill all my secrets, I might as well tell you guys right?" Oliver started talking before laughing manically.
"Last week, during English there was this guy in my class. He kept on whispering stuff to the girl next to him and after a while she told him to knock it off because she was clearly uncomfortable. The guy didn't listen and just kept going until the bell rang and the teacher didn't do anything about it. When the other kids were leaving the guy physichally harrassed the girl, he touched her. I pushed him off of her and he hit me. Things escalated and his buddies came to help him out, pretty unfair, one against three. Yet when the teacher managed to break us up I was the one who got in trouble, even after the girl explained everything. Stupid jocks." Oliver gazed around the room, his eyes landing on Andrew for a split second.
"Oh, and I skated through the halls." He added cheerily, as if he hadn't said all those other things just now.
Then he stood up abruptly, almost causing Brian to fall over, and strode away.

Oliver could barely see where he was going, his eyes filled with tears out of pure frustration that he didn't want to spill. When he reached the desk he had sat at earlier he grabbed his board and threw it away, letting it crash against a bookshelf. He didn't even care to pick it up and just let himself drop to the floor to calm himself down. When he regained his senses enough to hear footsteps approaching he looked up and was met with none other than Brian.
"I know you're not fine, so I won't ask this time." Brian said softly as he sat down next to the Bender boy.
Oliver let out a sigh and leaned his head against Brian's shoulder.
"People are stupid." Oliver huffed before moving his head to look at Brian.
"Not you though." He let his head fall back onto Brian's shoulder and closed his eyes.

"You want to know something dumb?" Brian looked down at Oliver, who hummed in response.
"It's like me, you know, my grades. Like when I.. When I step outside myself and like when I look in at myself, you know. And I.. and I see me. I don't like what I see. I really don't." Brian started.
"It probably sounds stupid, but.. It's because I'm failing shop." He continued.
"It's not stupid." Oliver immediatly chimed in.
"We had this assignment, you know, to make this, like, ceramic elephant. And uhm, we had eight weeks to do it. And then, you know, we're supposed to.. it was, like, a lamp. And when, you know, when you pull it, the trunk, the light was supposed to go on." Brian lowered his gaze and fiddled with his hands.
"But yours didn't go on." Oliver continued, moving his hand a little so it was resting against Brian's wrist.
"I got an F on it." Brian nodded in confirmation.
"I've never got an F in my life." He sighed.
"When I signed up, you know, for the course I mean, I thought I was playing it real smart, you know. 'Cause I thought, I'll take shop, it'll be such an easy was to maintain my grade point average." Brian spoke.
"Why did you think it would be easy?" Oliver asked genuinly.
"Have you seen the people that take that course?" Brian scoffed, causing Oliver to chuckle.
"You've got a point there. Well, if you couldn't make it light up, what's something you can do?" Oliver tried to cheer both of them up.
"I can make spaghetti." Brian shrugged after a second of thinking.
"What about you? What's something you can do that not a lot of people get to see?" Brian asked in return.
Oliver thought the question over for a second before an idea popped up.
"I can show you." He grinned mischievously.
"Why do I not trust that smile?" Brian furrowed his brows.
"Okay, fine, go ahead, show me." He gave in after a second.
Oliver nodded and changed position so he was now kneeled in front of Brian.
"Close your eyes for a second."
"What?"
"Just trust me."
"Okay.." Brian closed his eyes.
Oliver grinned even wider as he made sure Brian wasn't peeking. He slowly leaned forward and let his hand cup the other boy's cheek, he could feel the boy tense but luckily Brian didn't protest yet. Oliver leaned even closer until there were just mere centimeters in between them, he could feel the other's breath on his lips now.
"Ollie what are you-" Brian got cut off by Oliver's lips on his own, the boy's eyes immediatly shot open in surprise before he closed them again and kissed Oliver back.
After a second they pull away, Brian breathing heavily and Oliver smiling.
"How about that?" Oliver teased.
"Holy-" Brian didn't even finish his sentence before pulling Oliver back and locking their lips again.

It had been a few minutes since they kissed and now they were sitting in comfortable silcene, just enjoying each others company as they hold each others hands.
"Hey Ollie?"
"Hm?"
"What's gonna happen on Monday? I mean, like, you know, will everything go back to the way it was? Like, all of us just ignoring each other and living our own lives?" Brian frowned at the mere thought.
"I don't think so.. I mean, we, definitly won't go back to the way we used to be, if you're okay with that. But i'm not sure about the others.." Oliver answered honestly.
"Really? I mean, us? You want this to, like, I don't know, become a thing?" Brian blushed.
"Yeah. Is that okay with you?" Oliver replied calmly, though, he couldn't help the blush from forming on his own face.
"Yes! Yeah. It definitly is!" Brian squeezed his hand tightly.
"Does that mean you're, like, my boyfriend now?" Brian muttered, looking down.
"Sure." Oliver nodded, his face just as red.