(iv)

"I've heard whispers that the portal of evil has been opened, and that's why the tension at the borders is escalating

"I've heard whispers that the portal of evil has been opened, and that's why the tension at the borders is escalating."

"Nonsense, it's just idle gossip. The portal of evil hasn't been opened in centuries, and besides, the royals would never allow such a thing to happen."

"But what about the strange occurrences in the kingdom? The reports of missing villagers, and the strange markings found in the woods?"

"That could be anything. Maybe it's just the work of some rogue sorcerer or a band of thieves. We shouldn't jump to conclusions without any evidence."

"But what about the prince? He's always been interested in dark magic, and I've heard he's been dabbling in forbidden spells."

"Don't be ridiculous. The prince may have a fascination with the dark arts, but he would never do anything to harm the kingdom or its people. We mustn't spread baseless rumors and cause unnecessary panic."

"I suppose you're right. But I can't help feeling that something ominous is brewing in the kingdom."

"We must trust in the wisdom and power of the royals to protect us from any threats, real or imagined. Let's focus on our duties as maids and leave the worrying to the higher powers."