Friendship formed while pumping iron.

You first met Mash Burnedead when he was pumping iron in the forest...

It was by pure chance, really.

You were looking around the forest for sugar canes to bring back to your father's bakery. Yesterday, the new flavored creampuff your father spent weeks perfecting on has officially been added to the shelves and what a big hit it was!

In fact, it was such a big hit that your idiotic *fondly* father didn't care to ration the ingredients properly and kept accepting orders from customers that when the bakery closed down for the day, did he only realize that the stock of sugar isn't enough.

Suddenly there was panic... because your idiotic *fondly* father has 50 customers who paid in advance for their orders of the new creampuff to be delivered next week. Which is 3 days from now on. Your mother nearly whipped the soul out of him because the store your parents usually go for buying ingredients requires an order to made 1 week in advance. So the whole night, you and your parents racked brains to think of a solution.

...and this was the conclusion.

Mother will stay at the bakery to take care of the store.Father will go around town and try to buy as much sugar as he can find (within reasonable prices - your mother firmly stated).And you will search the forest for sugar canes (just as an extra precaution if your father won't be able to buy enough).

Of course, you won't go too far. Only within the safe boundaries, although that doesn't really mean much nowadays as there hasn't been any monster attacks since 5 years ago and no one knows why. It's like all the monsters that used to live in the forest have vanished or ran away.

You left your home early in the morning, your pockets filled to the brim with enchanted stones/charms for protection, given by your mother - worrywart that she is, that can help protect you in case there was an attack (which you highly doubt) and two baskets for the sugar canes.

They don't know that you've been exploring the forest since 2 years ago.

And you will never tell them cause your mother will definitely give you a x5 whipping combo with her wand + 5 flying sandals, you never forgot the way your father cried out after experiencing the combo after coming home drunk and assisted by magic police, because he almost got ran over by an Unicarriage in the middle of the street. Twice.

It was funny. It's like watching one of those magic cartoons as the main character delivers multiple punches to the enemy while screaming, "ORA ORA ORA--". Hm? What was that?

...Nevermind.

You took a deep breath as soon as you entered the forest. You really love this place. It's quiet compared to the bustling town and the air is so fresh. If you had your way, you would've lived inside the forest instead of the city. (Wishful thinking of course, how can a 12 year old survive all alone here?)

Your calm steps soon turned into skips the deeper you go into the forest, giggling as you spun here and there with the baskets in each arm. If you remembered correctly, sugar canes is very dependent on water. Good thing that there was a river in the forest (discovered by yours truly).

"I~ love nature~ and nature~ loves meeee!" you sang as you spotted the familiar tree you've marked before and crossing to the barely-visible path beside it. "Touch the grass~ cause it's good~~~" You smirked. You bowed down and touched the grass, wiggling like a snake. "Touch~ the~ grasssssss~ nowwww---"

CLANG.

CLANG.

CLANG.