My son brought a girl home!!!

HMPH CLANG CLANG HMPH

CLANG CLANG HMPH CLANG

"Good morning Mash!"

Yoru popped out of the bush with a smile, hair in disarray and covered in leaves as she wiggled her way past the huge bushes, huffing as she adjusted the backpack that is almost engulfing her frame.

CLANG CLANG

"Oh. Good morning."

Mash is currently doing bench press in the middle of the clearing so he could only tilt his head sideways and give her a slight nod. He hmphed and lifted the bar ten times more before placing it back to its catch. Yoru blinked, smile frozen before shaking her head as if to physically get rid of the awe she's currently feeling.

She walked towards him as he sat up, mechanically bending down to reach for... the air?

"...I forgot... Pops didn't get to buy creampuffs yesterday."

Yoru heaved the backdown on the ground before patting the downtrodden Mash on his shoulder, waving off the gloomy lines. "...Does your pops buy those creampuffs from 'Angel Bakery'?"

He nodded. "Yeah."

Yoru let out a laugh. "I knew it! Those creampuffs yesterday was a limited-edition item from my father's bakery, which's named 'Angel'," She crouched down to rummage through her backpack before pulling out a wing-patterned white box, there was a word written in cursive that says 'Angel's Sweets'.

"Good thing I got some freshly baked ones from the kitchen." she handed the box to Mash. "Here you go, as thanks from yesterday."

Mash looked down at her hands, his eyes gradually brightening as if Yoru was giving him the key to life. "You're giving me those delicious creampuffs?"

Yoru blushed. "When you say it like that, it makes me feel embarrassed," She opened the package, revealing three freshly baked creampuffs. There's one word spelled out with cream on the creampuffs and if read together, says 'Thank you Mash!'

She grabbed the one that had 'Thank' on it and gave it to Mash, to which he immediately ate. Yoru grabbed the other creampuff that had 'you' on it and sat down on the bench next to Mash. Letting out a noise of happiness as she took a bite.

Sweets are the best!

Taking a sideways glance, Yoru noticed that Mash was noticeably eating the creampuff at a slower pace. It was totally different yesterday when Mash gobbled up five creampuffs in just 2 minutes.

She tapped his back, making him look at her mid-bite. "What are you doing? Eat!" She asked, gesturing to the creampuff with a smile.

Mash shook his head, "But I want to savor it."

???

Yoru scratched her head. "...There's two more boxes in the bag, you know?" She reach out for the bag without standing up and let out a huff as she pulled it closer. Beckoning towards Mash, she showed two huge boxes, which is why the bag is so comically huge. "One box has like 10 creampuffs inside." She proudly said.

"....kay"

"So that's why---" Yoru stopped. The creampuff that Mash was just eating has disappeared. The smaller box she placed between her and Mash is also missing the last creampuff.

Oh wow. Did he just eat two creampuffs in 5 seconds?

Mash bowed. "Thank you for the creampuffs."