Interlude: How to bake creampuffs with Yoru, Mash, and Finn - with Guest "You"

Yoru smiles cheerfully, waving at you. "Good afternoon to you!"

This is House Adler's kitchen, which is available for use to any student, provided that they are given permission by a teacher or a prefect. Yoru puts a hand to her mouth and whispers to you. "Thank you very much for giving us permission, Ami-senpai. I'll send you creampuffs later."

She then pulls out a frilly pink apron from out of nowhere and starts putting it on. "Today, I'll be teaching you how to make creampuffs!" She then gestures to the boy on her left. "With my assistant, Mash Burnedead!"

"It's an honor." Mash nods at you, his posture tall and erect as he proudly stands next to Yoru. He's already wearing a pink apron, even tied a cute little white handkerchief on his head. He holds on to a pair of pink muffs.

Yoru nods vigorously before gesturing the boy on her right. "And my other assistant, Finn Ames!"

Finn stares at you silently, mouthing 'Help me' before giving a wry smile as Yoru nudges him. "I'm here of my own volition." He finally says, giving you a wide-eyed look. He's also wearing the same pink apron and white handkerchief like Mash.

Yoru claps her hand. "Perfect! Let's start baking, shall we?"

"Whoopee." Mash clenches his fist, and instantly disintegrating the muffs in his hand. "Ah." The three exchange glances with each other before Yoru pulls out another pink muffs from nowhere.

"Excited? Good, that's what I like to see!" Yoru grins as she gives the muffs to Mash. "But please don't destroy the stuff. We'll have to pay for that later."

"'kay."

Finn's eyes darts towards you. "I'm here of my own volition." He repeats a second time.

"That's right." Yoru cuts in, wrapping an arm around Finn's shoulder to give him a side hug. "We totally didn't ambush him on the way back to the dorm. And we totally didn't carry him all the way over here."

Mash gives the two a blank look making Finn raise his hand towards him with a placating look, his eyes saying 'I mean no harm' until she lets go of Finn.

"Don't be mad, I'll give you a hug too." She says as she walks towards Mash with her arms open.

"I was about to get sad that you're leaving your best friend out." He says with a barely-visible smile, unnoticed by the two except for you. He grasps her arm and pulls her towards him.

"!" She lets out a tiny yell as she lost her footing. Mash placing a hand on her back for her to fully lean on as he dips her down, his face merely an inch away from her. Her eyes widen as he stares down at her before she covers her face with her hands, emitting a shy noise.

Just imagine a woman and a man salsa dancing but with pink aprons. That's what you're seeing right now.

Finn stares at the two before pulling out a headband from his apron's pocket. He puts it on and turns to you. The headband has dog ears attached to it. "Bark. Bark. I'm a dog." He says with a defeated expression.

Yoru tilts her head towards you. Her face is very red, the blush spreading down to her neck. "M-Moving on to the next scene!"

The world turns black.

🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩

When you came to, you found that you have been moved to sit on the counter to give you better view of everyone. Finn is sitting on a stool in front of you, smiling wryly as he taps the little signboard that's attached to his chest. Written on it is 'Not a good boy' in a beautiful handwriting. He's still wearing the dog-eared headband.