The fall

Warning: extremely long chapter, get comfortable before reading :)

Y/n pov:

I had gone to RWBY'S dorm after witnessing emerald and mercury's successful doubles round victory for the vytal festival. It wasn't for anything nefarious, I just wanted to hang out with them, now that I have nothing to do at the moment. The next match will be team RWBY'S doubles match, followed by mine.

Ruby: You'll never beat me, old man!

Qrow: You're nothing but talk, kid!

Yang: You can do it, Ruby!

Right now, ruby and uncle qrow we're playing some sort of fighting Ninja game together, and qrow was kicking her ass. On the screen, ruby's Ninja character had their head separated from his body, and qrow smirked at ruby as she hung her head in shame once the announcer shouted the victory of the soaring Ninja, which was qrow's character.

Yang: Ouch.

Qrow: And by the way, don't ever call me old.

Yang: My turn!

Qrow: Now, where was I?

Ruby: You were telling us about your last mission!

Qrow: Right, right...I'd come across a small village in the swamps west of Mistral. Right off the bat, I knew something wasn't right.

Ruby: What were you doing there?

Qrow: I needed information. Tired from battling Grimm along the way, I decided to start my search at the town's inn. The place was crawling with lowlifes and thugs, even a few Huntsmen that I could only assume had been hired by less than reputable people for less than respectable jobs. And that's when it happened...

Yang: What happened?

Qrow: I was defeated...by the mere sight...of the innkeeper's skirt length!

I snickered at qrow, When yang threw a pillow at him, which he had caught before it hit him. Qrow smirked again, when the announcer called his victory for a second time.

Yang: You are the worst!

Ruby: my turn!

Qrow: not yet, ruby. Y/n still hasn't had a turn.

Y/n: oh, what? No, I'm Just narrating-

Qrow: nonsense.

Yang set her controller in my hands with a smirk, and pushed me closer to the TV. I reluctantly sit down, and I looked through my options for a character in the select menu. After a few seconds, I selected the Ninja named 'boon tobias', and both me and qrow selected random map.

Ruby: oh, if you move the joy stick up and down, you can teleport!

Qrow: ruby, don't tell him that! It's bad enough he picked the spammiest character in the game.

Y/n: I don't even know how to play, so I probably will just spam the best move I find.

Qrow: do that and I'll fight you in real life.

Y/n: then I'd definitely beat you.

Once the map loaded, and the game started, I immediately pressed up and down, and my character teleported to qrow's and body slammed him. Afterwards, I did it a few more times.

Qrow: thanks, ruby...

Ruby giggled, and qrow got more pissed off as I spammed attacked him. After his health dropped down to 75%, I decided to stop and actually try to learn how to play.

Y/n: alright, what's the punch button..

Ruby: hehe, it's like you've never played a video game before!