8

Flashback

Fourth kick the ball hard, he did not notice few kids around him until he hear someone yelling.

“Hurt!” Gemini rubbed his head few times, the ball hit his head. His friend Prom, Mark and Ford laughing at him.

Fourth quickly walks towards them to say sorry.

“Sorry, I am the one who kick the ball.” Fourth admit his mistake.

"Don't you see we're playing here?"

"Gem, he already said sorry. Don't be a crybaby will you." Mark said.

“Cutie, what's your name? How old are you? Why are you so small?”

“I’m Fourth, I am eight years old.” The little boy raised his hand and greet all of them. He smile showing his full teeth.

“Same age like Gem, I am Prom, this is Mark and Ford." Prom introduce himself and the gang.

"What are you doing in my house? Who are you?” Gemini asked loudly making Fourth body shock.

“I am sorry young master, this is my grandchild Fourth. He just come here yesterday. Fourth apologize to young master.” Grandpa who become an observer since then come to rescue.

“Whatever, don’t show up in front of me again.” Said Gemini and walks away. Prom, Mark and Ford looked at each other.

"We should play together brother." Prom said before leaving.

"Fourth, are you okay?" Grandpa remember to check on him. Afraid Fourth got scare with young master of the house.

"I'm fine."

"Fourth, we're different from them, behave yourself and don't be too close with them."

"Okay grandpa." Fourth smiling. He just follow his grandpa comes to work since nobody accompany him at home.

He lives with his grandpa since he is five years old. When grandpa goes to work usually he stay with his uncle but his uncle just got accepted to university leaving him alone at home.

Since now is shcool break, grandpa worried about him staying alone all day and decided to bring him to his workplace. Fourth doesn't want to follow but grandpa not trusting him.

Following his grandpa advice, Fourth just playing alone, he will hide himself if he saw Gemini in the garden or playground.

“What are you doing?” Gemini asked Fourth when he see Fourth pick and throw small rocks.

This time Fourth did not realize when this young master come.

“Playing.” He still answer, showing his eye smile.

“Play with rock?”

“Yeah.”

“Weirdo.” Said Gemini, looking at him cynically.

Fourth stop smiling and excuse himself. He is not rich like him, grandpa cannot afford to buy him toys.

Fourth know his position, grandpa always reminding him not to do something that will anger the young master.

"Gem, not nice buddy." Mark as the oldest one voice out.

“Seems fun though.” Prom said.

“Then you play with him."

“Sure....Fourth, wait for me.” Prom chasing the small kid.

"Fourth...wait. I play with you."

"It's okay, you don’t have to play with me.” Fourth don't have any expensive toys or video games.

“I play with you. Playing video games makes me bored sometimes.”

“Okay then,” Fourth smiling. Prom is his first friend here. Sometimes he come here purposely to find him not Gemini. Prom also like sharing his car toys and food with him.

“Where do you go to school?” Prom asked him one day when he rarely see Fourth at the house.

“I went to public school.”

“Oh, I never been there. What are they like?”

“How can I answer you? If you asked me, school is a place for us to learn.”

“Yeah right! Let’s play with me, I brought new games.” Fourth nodded.

“What’s with him?” Gemini asked Mark who stand beside him. Three of them observed from afar.

“Well we all know Prom is the social butterfly among us. I want to be friend with that kid as well, don’t you see he is cute.”

“Me too want to be friend with him. Let’s go Mark join them.” Ford pull Mark hand bringing him together.

Gemini choose to just watch his friend went to Fourth and talks with him. His mouth draw a smile when he see Fourth smiling.

“Cute.” He said without realize it. Gemini heart already soft for Fourth, it's just he don’t know how to be friend with him.

He notice Fourth avoiding him everytime he comes near. He cannot blame Fourth, he started all this first.

“Why don’t you go and join them?” asked Ma, Gemini clueless where his Ma come from.

“I don’t want to,”

“Why? Ma and Papa never teach you to be choosy, Ma knew what happened before. Go apologize to Fourth and be his friend. Don’t bully people who don’t have a parent.”

"What do you mean Ma? Is he an orphan?"

"Yeah, that's why grandpa bring him to work, nobody taking care of him at home."

"I don't know..."

"Now you know. Go mix with him."

Gemini nodded, he decided to make friend with that cute person and apologize to Fourth.

Since then all of them become good friend with Fourth. They play together but Fourth always aware of his position among them. He never crossed the limit, he is only a gardener grandchildren, not rich like others.

Even Gemini want to be friend with him, Fourth still avoid him in this mansion. He will join him if only he have no choice or Prom or Ford or Mark asked him to play.

One day, his Grandpa passed away while doing his job. Fourth cry and Gemini is the one who hugged him. He accompany him at his Grandpa funeral, never once he left his side.

"Gem, why is everybody leaving me?" He asked. His eyes filled with tears.

“You still have me, Papa and Ma. You have our friends too, we're not leaving you” Gemini interlock his hand with Fourth, he just keep quite.

“You stay with us. I’ll take care of you I promised.” Twelve years old Gemini told Fourth when Fourth staying the night at his room.

For three months Fourth living with them because his uncle have things to do before he bring Fourth moving in with him. He also have to manage Fourth school and everything.

Papa and Ma want Fourth to stay with them forever but Fourth only uncle not allowed him. He started working and able to support his nephew.

"Don't forget me," Gemini hugged him hard because he have no idea when he can meet Fourth again.

“I’m sorry, I treat you badly before.”

“It’s okay.” As usual Fourth smiling, he say thanks to Papa and Ma and his other friend he make during his time here.

"We're leaving, thank you for taking care of Fourth." Uncle said.