Ch. 10 - Semblances!

"Was... what my semblance?" I stammer out. Did I do that thing again? Did I use Unbound Instinct on accident?

"You got all glowey, you were all silver and cool looking." Ruby says, gesturing toward my hair.

I guess I did.

I look away and take a second or two to gather my thoughts. How do I even explain this? I don't even know all about it, or if I should even tell her. Or anyone for that matter.

"Ugh. Shit," I mumble. Running my hands over my face. God, I'm so sore. After a moment or two I turn back toward her with a nod, "Yes. That was my semblance."

She looks at me bewildered for a second or two, "So... you have two?"

I shake my head, "I wish. No, that's the same one I've used the whole time."

"But you don't usually get all glowey? And super fast. Or put a dent in the stairway railings," Ruby responds. Nervously laughing. Very clearly off put by the sudden reveal.

"Well... it's just a bit complicated. What you see me usually do is something I've dubbed Full Moon. I force my aura into a specific part of my body and enhance it. Like picking and choosing a power up," I explain. Gesturing toward my arms and legs as a visual example.

"So, what happened this time?" Her shoulders relaxing a bit, now more curious than anything.

I let a long sigh escape my lips and slowly plop back onto my butt, "That is what my semblance really is. I think, anyway. When I get hit by strong emotions, sometimes my aura spikes up. It goes ballistic. I think it's something to do with how the aura affects my senses. I act on pure instinct alone. I don't think or judge a situation. I just... do."

She takes this in, a hand coming up to her chin as she ponders the information over. She slowly walks near me and sits across from me on the walkway. Facing me with curious eyes, "That's.... weird."

I let a half-hearted chuckle out and lean back, using my arms to keep me propped up, "Yea. Very. When it happens, it kinda turns the whole thing blurry. I don't remember what was going on during the semblance. All I remember is that I needed to stop her. To stop Blake."

Ruby pulls her legs to her chest and rests her chin on her arms, now a familiar look of worry draping her expression, "I'm sure she'll be back soon. If not tonight, maybe before the weekend is over. I hope, anyway."

I flinch a little at her unusual pessimism to the situation. She probably thinks she could've done something about the argument. We all let it play out for so long. Any of us should've stopped it. I get how she feels. Nothing I say will help that feeling.

"I'm sure she'll be back. She's a part of Team Rwby after all," I calmly say. Looking at Ruby with as genuine of a smile I can manage with this soreness in my entire body.

She takes in my smile for a moment before adopting a small grin herself, "Right!" She chirps. Getting up from her feet and assuming her usual optimistic self again. She brushes her combat skirt off and offers me a hand. Which I wave away and slowly rise from the ground myself.

"Let's head back up, Ruby. They're probably worried sick about us."

"Yea, let's not worry Yang anymore than we have to. She can go full momma bear mode if we leave her too long," Ruby jokes.

I laugh at that, remembering the stories of Yang's freakouts when Ruby went and wandered off into trouble when she was little, "Yeah, I bet!"

We walk back up to the dorm slowly, holding some smalltalk as we do. I find some trouble with the stairs, the incline just a bit too much for my weakened legs. Ruby had to help me a bit with those. We did stop and look at the dent I put in the railing.