Ch. 11 - Bonding! (Volume 1 Finale!)

"My sister seems to trust you. A lot. More than anyone else on the team. I'm just making sure it's not misplaced," Yang explains. The full truth clearly hidden in her explanation. Her shit eating grin still firmly plastered over her face.

My ears perk up a bit as I look her expression over a couple times. Me? Trusts me? More than anyone else? "Wait. What? Why? You're not just trying to get a reaction out of me, are you?"

"Me? Of course not!" She says, waving a dismissive hand at me. "I know how to get a reaction. I'm telling you that if you break that trust, I'll be hitting you way harder than that next time!"

Oh.

Oh...

I feel a chill run down my spine she still has a smile, but her eyes bleed warning. I can FEEL it radiating off of her.

I shake the chill away and give her a thumbs up, "I wouldn't ever try to. I trust her, too." My voice doesn't waver, and I keep a thick confidence in my tone.

Yang is a bit surprised at my quick response, and my composure given her threat. Her smile drops into a look of slight disbelief, before slowly growing into a more genuine look of happiness, "Right."

I smile back at her, and she turns around, tossing her towel toward the corner of the ring, "It'd be a shame to have to hurt that cute face of yours anyway, can't let that go to waste."

My face threatens to heat up a bit at that, but I manage to push it down, "Oh, be quiet. You aren't gonna get a reaction from that anymore."

She laughs at that, "Don't worry, I know. I'll find a new thing to poke at you for. Trust me."

Mischief is her favorite, I guess. I playfully groan at her comment and start cleaning the towels while she finds her way out of the gym. As she rounds the corner, I feel my scroll go off in my pocket. I jump a bit at the noise and fumble with it for a second before I manage to pull it out.

"Whre d you go so early???" Reads a message from Ruby. Very clearly not fully awake yet.

"Gym. What's up?"

"Wonderung if u wamna go lok for Blke 2day?"

I throw the towels in a dirty towel hamper and start getting ready for a shower, "I have to tell Oz about my whole glowey incident thing. Maybe after?"

"Oki! We can meet u down in Vale."

I send a thumbs up emoji and toss my scroll in my locker.

After a short shower and a light snack I start to walk to Ozpin's office. Feeling insanely energized by the workout this morning and the sparring session with Yang. Campus is relatively empty, too. People must be in Vale to see family for the beginning of the festivities. Just a few people studying up stuffed into books or a couple of teams roaming campus.

I'm about halfway there when I spot Ozpin and Professor Goodwitch talking about something by the assembly building from day one. Good, I was hoping he wasn't out and about in Vale or anything.

As I approach them, Goodwitch notices me first, as she was facing toward me, "Ah, speak of the devil." Her tone is the usual guarded, closed off harshness.

"Good morning Professor, Headmaster," I greet them both, gesturing toward Ozpin, who turns to me as I speak.

Ozpin takes a sip of his co--

Tea?

It's tea today.

He never drinks tea.

"Something wrong, Y/n?" Ozpin snaps me from my thoughts.