chapter 1

Liv's POV
It is my first day going to school with Maddie and joey. Maddie had to go to her basketball practice before school so I went to my locker to get the things I need for my first class of the day. All of a sudden someone pushes me into the locker. "Well well well. If it isn't Hollywood herself." He says "who are you and what do you want?" I ask him. "Thomas Smalls." "What do you want?" "To see how tough you are."
Hours later the school day ends I walk home alone because Maddie and Diggie are already there. I go into the kitchen and I see Maddie, Diggie, and my mom talking. "Hey Liv" "hey mom" "is everything ok" "yes" I run upstairs and start to cry because of what Thomas said to me. Just then Maddie and Diggie come up to me. "Hey Liv I know something is wrong. Please tell me." "This is going to sound silly. There is this boy who was bullying me today and it really bothers me." "What's the boys name?" Diggie asks. "Thomas Smalls" "I will handle this." Diggie then pulls out his phone and starts to text someone. He is going to be grounded." "Who is Thomas?" "My brother.

The next day I walk into school and see Thomas talking to a girl. They are laughing together. I go to my first class and we are told who our partners are going to be for the group project in science class.
Later at lunch I am sitting with Maddie, Diggie, Joey, Willow, and Stains when the girl who was talking to Thomas earlier walks up to me. I start to worry. "Hey y/n how's your day going?" Diggie asks. "Good" "what are you doing here you usually sit with Artie and Thomas?" Diggie asks. "I came here to talk to Liv" "me?" I ask. "Yes" "why?" "We are supposed to be partners for the science project." You're y/n Smalls?" I ask her. "Yes" "can we please work on it at my house though. Thomas and Artie kind of freak me out" I say. "Of course."