Chapter 4

"Here, let me help.."

His arms snaked around my waist as his tongue glided on my bloodied cheek.

A harsh chill went down my back as I stood in shock, the cut began to sting from his rough tongue.

He pulled away with a soft smirk which contorted to a confused glare.

"What is this?" He hissed revealing his sharp fangs. I quickly noticed the familiar feature we have in common..

Before coming out Yushiro showed me how to conceal my fangs to a smaller size. It was a long and painful process.

~~~~~~~

"(Y/n), watch me ok? Just watch me." He said irritated as he repeatedly reduced the size of his fangs.

"I'm trying ok, why do I even have to do this." I whined opening my mouth trying to shrink my fangs.

"It'll keep you safe and out of trouble." He got up from his seat and shoved his fingers in my mouth forcefully shrinking my canines, "There."

"OWW?!" I yelled rubbing my cheeks from the pain. A slight grin appeared on his face with a look of mischief creeping on.

"You'll thank me later."

~~~~~~~

"Why does your blood taste...weird..." He asked tilting his head to the side. His sharp purple nails poked the side of his head as he looked up into the dark sky.

"Uh maybe cause it's blood..?" I deadpanned at his weird question.

"Don't play dumb with me girl." He scoffed losing all his personality from before.

"What do you mean?" Now im confused...wtf was the guy's problem.

He appear behind me within a second. He hugged me from the back while laying his head onto my shoulder.

"You smell like a human..." He trailed off, "but taste like a demon, how can a human have demon blood in them?" He hummed with closed eyes.

I tried to break free from his grip but it was no use, he wouldn't budge.

"And here I was getting hungry.." He pouted. "How unfortunate."

"If you were hungry I could've shared some tofu with you." I stated blankly.

He paused for a moment then busted into a fit of laughter strengthen the grip he had on me. I let out a small gasp at the lost of air.

"Wow, I would've thought you've found out by now.." He jeered with an apologetic look. He seemed to notice me struggling to breath as his curiosity grew on his face.

He released his grip and reached for his golden fan hiding half his face, "Now that I think about it, how come you could eat that human food..being a demon and all." 

I got a better look at his rainbow eyes because of the fan concealing half his face. They we're beautiful but something about them wasn't normal.."Because I was hungry, why wouldn't I eat it?" I said cocking my head to the side.

His eyes widened as he bent down to my eye level.

"You're strange, I like you." His lips curled into a wicked grin, "You'll be amazing entertainment~...and maybe i'll get used to your tainted blood~"

I stared at his expression confused. His aura was deadly, the way he looked at me was like a wolf looking at a helpless cat.

Everything in my body was telling me to get the hell away from him, but I want to know more about these demons.

"(Y/N)!" Yushiro's voice called in the distance. My head wiped around to the trail that led to The Market.

"I told you not to go far," Yushiro signed softly gripping my shoulder, "THIS IS WHY WE DONT LET YOU WONDER AROUND!" His soft grip quickly turned into him violently shaking me back and forth.

"WHAT WAS YOU DOING ALL THE WAY OUT HERE?!"

"I w-was wit-h a- frie-nd!" I stuttered from the way he forcefully rocked my body from side to side.

"What friend?" He stopped rocking me letting me catch my balance again.

"He's right here-" I turned back to see no one standing there.

I heard Yushiro sigh as he grabbed my hand, "Come on, Lady Tamayo is worried." He dismissed my sentence as he pulled me back to the village.

As soon as we reached the gates of the village Lady Tamayo was patiently waiting on a wooden bench for us.

She lifted her head to see Yushiro with an pissed off expression and me with a tired one.

She on the other hand had a look of relief as she walked over to us. "Ah, there you are (Y/n). I was worried something bad happened." She gave a worried smile.

"She walked all the way out into the forest, I told you she was dumb." Yushiro scorned letting go of my arm.

"I was stargazing.." I wont tell them about my encounter with Douma, I'll keep him a secret for now...but there's a question I need to ask the two.

"Lady Tamayo, Yushiro."

Their heads turn to me.

"What's a demon?"

Lady Tamayo's eyes widened as Yushiro's squinted.

"Why do you ask?" He replied lifting his head in a intimidating manner.

"I heard rumors around the market..about demons, what are they?" I lied on the spot.

Lady Tamayo shifted awkwardly towards me as she pats my shoulder.

"Let's go home, it's getting late." She says softly as Yushiro quickly takes action moving in the direction of the estate.