Chapter 5

We walked until we faced a dead end.

"Uh...why are we facing this wall..shouldn't we be going home?" I questioned looking at Yushiro.

"We are home, did you forget already?" He huffed looking at me like I'm slow.

Before I can retort back he pulls me into the wall revealing our house.

"Huh?" I look at the house that now randomly appeared. Me and Lady Tamayo follow Yushiro inside, the two seem a little anxious to get in.

"Just in time...the sun was about to rise." The male shuttered as he quickly locked the wooden door.

"Sooo can you guys stop brushing me off for once and answer my question?" I said irritated.

Yushiro glanced at me with an annoyed expression as Lady Tamayo smiled at me.

"(Y/n), sweetie, the reason we can't be outside when the sun is out is because we are demons." She calmly explained raising more questions out of me.

"Why are we demons and not humans? Why are we different.."

"You have to be turned into a demon to become one." Yushiro joined the conversation.

"Then if I'm a demon, who turned me into one?"

Lady Tamayo seemed to flinch at my question. "The demon king, Muzan Kibutsuji. But (Y/n), you said you don't have the urge to eat humans right?"

I nodded, "I ate some steak at the market..no humans!" I cheered with a smile.

"That's the thing (Y/n)...you're a demon that doesn't eat humans, demons can't eat humans food it makes them ill..that's why we need human blood." She paused as she motioned me to follow her into a room.

I followed, in the room there were bottles full of liquid, books stacked on the table. It looks like someone has been studying in here nonstop.

"I've freed myself from his curse..seems I've freed you too." She gave me a weak smile that made my chest hurt.

Her aura was always like a soft rain tricking down a field of vibrant
flowers, but now it's cold and sad.

She continued as she organized her desk, "I've dedicated myself to produce a cure to put a stop to Muzan's suffering."

She holds up a tiny bottle that has some purplish-blue liquid in it.

"This is what I used on you when you turned. It worked half way."

"So I was a human before...why can't I remember anything from my human life?"

"That's one of the effects of becoming a demon you lose your memory and humanity."

The room went quiet.

The silence was broken as Yushiro walked in holding a calico cat.

"Omg Yushiro I didn't know you had a
Cat!" I gasped forgetting the deep conversation I just had with Lady Tamayo.

"His name is Chachamaru." I pet the cat's head as his expression contorts to annoyance again.

The cat suddenly leaps out his arms and floats over to Lady Tamayo leaving my mouth open.

"H-howd he do that." I grabbed Yushiro's shoulder.

"He's a demon duh." He rolled his eyes.

"You don't have to be sassy about it." I scoffed crossing my arms over my chest.

"What did you just say to me?" Yushiro hissed getting in my face.

"Cut it out you two." Lady Tamayo replied as Yushiro quickly pulled away gleaming at Lady Tamayo.

The cat then disappeared into the air carrying a little book bag on its back.

"Why'd it do that."

"We have some friends that'll collect blood from the upper and lower moons of Muzan."

"How can you tell if a demon is a upper or lower moon." I asked remembering the man from the festival.

"They have a written kanji indicating what rank that demon is." Yushiro explained pointing at his eye.

"Can you teach me how to read it...I don't really recall how to read or write.." I said embarrassed.

"No need to be embarrassed (Y/n), it's normal to forgot after you transformed." She warmly said patting my back.

——-time skip to night cuzzzz——-

After long hours of learning how to read and write I got the basics down, I can figure out what moon that demon was now.

"Can I go into town? I need to grab something." I asked dusting off my clothes.

"Like what?" Yushiro questioned raising an eyebrow.

"Like...food, I need food since I don't drink blood." My answer seemed appropriate since all they have here to eat was packets of blood anyways.

Yushiro huffed as he handed me a piece of paper. "Here this will alarm me if something bad happens. Now I have to help Lady Tamayo, be back before sunrise."

In a fit of excitement I hug Yushiro thanking him.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?! LET ME GO!" He yelled with a tint of pink on his face.

I apologize as he looks away hiding his face. I laughed as I say my goodbyes and head for the main door.

I follow the familiar path we took that lead me to the market. It was as pack as it was on the first night.

The real reason I'm here is to find Douma.

I walked around the huge crowd of people. I can tell what shops are what now since I can read.

The pushing of all the people here made me annoyed so I went into an alley and climbed all the way to the top to scout the area for the sliver-blonde.

I soon saw a familiar tall figure walking out of a...motel? Weird why would he be in one?

Nevermind that, i quickly jump down and head for the motel. I soon find Douma laughing and hugging a female..?

My eyes widen at how gorgeous this girl was, her skin was fair and her hair was so shiny and pretty...she seemed tired and worn out by something (y'all Alr know she was getting it🤣🤫). I backed away not wanting to disturb the two.

Suddenly his head shot toward my direction, his eyes lock with my as I stood there frozen.

"Crap he saw me! He's gonna think something's up since it followed him..this is bad.."

He whispered something to the lady and started walking towards me with a weird expression.

Before I could blink he grabs my arm and yanks me into an alley pinning me in the process.