Why Couldn't I Save You?

As he mourned the loss of his best friend and he had been wondering why had this even happened in the first place. Why? Riff couldn't stand it. Tony didn't deserve it. His best friend didn't deserve the fate he got. It made him apoplectic to even think why it happened to him. Why was Tony given it for his fate? Who was responsible for taking the life of his best friend, brother from another mother? Tony who saved his life when they met definitely didn't deserve the fate at all. There was no way Anton Wyzek deserved it. Riff knew Tony didn't deserve that fate at all. Tony didn't deserve to lose his life at all.

Riff probably wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for Tony. Riff is positively sure of it. Because it was Tony who managed to get Riff to safety immediately following a row with Riff's father who would've ended Riff at that moment when Tony intervened and took care of Riff's father before getting Riff to safety after they had met each other too. Anton Wyzek had  saved Riff Lorton's life. And now Riff was wondering why couldn't he have been able to get a chance to save his best friend Tony? Tony saved his life,why couldn't he save Tony's life? Tell him why.

Riff wondered out loud,"You saved my life,why couldn't I save yours?" He didn't know why. He wished he knew why. You saved my life,why couldn't I save yours? Tony saved his life,why couldn't he save Tony's life? His best friend saves his life when they met, why couldn't he save Tony's life tonight? He saved his life,why couldn't he save Tony's life? He wished he knew why. His best friend had saved his life the day that they met,why couldn't he save Tony's? If only he had been able to save Tony's life. If only he could have saved Tony's life tonight. He will forever feel this way because he didn't think it was fair that Tony had saved his life when they met and Riff wasn't able to save his life and it upset him. Tony saved his life,why couldn't he save his? When they met,he saved Riff's life so why couldn't Riff save his best friend's life?