ɴᴏᴛᴇ

NOW PLAYING
: HAUNTED // taylor swift

TRIGGER WARNINGS: RANT w/ a chance of slight cursing.

hey! it's me again. 

this is not an update, but it's something that i forgot to clarify, so, please, continue reading this note!

my original character, cameron marie, is a black female character. she's eighteen years old, fresh out of high school, and she wears glasses. there is more to come about her, but for now, this is just a couple pieces of info for you to digest!!

why is this important? let me explain.

i don't see many power rangers fanfics (except for a very few. you have to look closely!) that have leading black original characters in their stories. male, female, gender neutral, transgender, and vice versa.

this doesn't apply for imagines or oneshot stories, so i'm excluding those. i'm talking about FULL FLEDGED fanfic stories. a story with an ACTUAL plot, an ACTUAL direction the plot is going in, main characters, villains, outsiders, comedic reliefs, and the list goes on.

that's what i'm talking about.

and since i was in the fandom as a child, before i went dormant for a long while, i never really opened up or told anyone about being interested in power rangers. i was quite embarrassed to admit that (up until the age of thirteen. after that, i stopped caring lol), because i thought i would get teased over for liking something that's SUPPOSEDLY for kids.

but, to be honest here (and this is just my opinion!! you don't have to agree with me!!), power rangers is not exactly for kids or not just for kids.

LIKE❓❔ a show that's literally based off of violence and hurting people for the goal of sacrifice or world domination and/or destruction? that doesn't sound like a kid's premise to me.

and there's a fight scene every 90 seconds, followed by one or many of the rangers getting hurt or taking the fall for someone else, and yet, some people are going to say that it's childish and ONLY for kids. . . okay. fine. alright.

i see how it is ,, 😶👍🏽

BUT ANYWAYS!! i'm steering off topic.

fast forward to one or two years ago, i started really getting into fanfiction. i'm on ao3, quotev, wattpad, tumblr, fanfiction.com - you name it.

and i've noticed for power rangers, there aren't many stories with black original characters as leading protagonist(s), and as a black person myself, i was a little upset (almost disappointed), yet, not surprised, about it, and i decided to start planning my own story with a black female protagonist.

before i knew it, this story here was posted and it was meeting my expectations. so, woohoo.

HOWEVER❗❗ ,,  i am not writing this character for the sake of 'comedic relief' or to 'add diversity.' she's here as an integral, and RELEVANT, character in this story, and like everyone else, is going to have a character arc.

AANND ,, i am definitely not writing this character to fit a stereotype or a 'box' that's only convenient for the other main characters (non black or non poc, just to be specific). i am making this perfectly CRYSTAL clear about my intentions for this character.

but, there is one more thing. . .

i feel like after i post this a/n, people might start clicking off from reading this, with the knowledge that a black person was the star of the show. 😶 ,, and that could be a small fear of mine.

i understand if you want to click off of this story, because you got bored of it or IT'S NOT GOING ANYWHERE. don't worry, because it makes sense to me if you think that way, and i understand.

but still. . . what if said person clicks off of this story, because they realized that my cameron was black? hmm. . .

maybe, i shouldn't need to worry. just, maybe, there was a reason why they clicked off, but I'M NOT GONNA GET INTO THAT❗❗,, 

i just wanted to say that cameron is a 5'4, black girl, who wears glasses, and absolutely hates it and loves it at the same time. thick bifocals (like the ones that velma dinkley from scooby doo wears) to be specific, becuz her vision is that bad. ✌🏽😗 ,, 

so, yeah. that's all!! 

thanks for reading all the way through this note! i really appreciate it, and i hope you have a wonderful day/night, wherever you are!! 

thank you, once again, and bye! 👋🏽☺️