3. ꜰᴀᴅᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ (2)

THIRD PERSON POV
!

BACK AT THE BASE
, summer and flynn were analyzing the remnants of the attack bot, while cameron was charting down anything that was helpful with their progress.

minutes prior, doctor k. ordered them to bring in the damaged attack bot, not further explaining the reasoning for it. though cautious, the rangers did so as ordered, mostly assuming it to be routine evaluation.

in actuality, the scientist was working on a hunch, a gut feeling, an inkling that needed to be explored, and boy, was the creepy computer person so spot on about that weird feeling.

after a short while, it was then and there that the doctor was ready to report their findings to the team.

flynn, summer, and cameron continue to work with the inactive bot, as scott turns around to face the flat tv screen. "what are we lookin' at here, doc?"

"something different; radically advanced."

cameron finishes jotting down the info she managed to get, before placing the clipboard and pen on a nearby table. she, flynn, and summer shift their attention to the tv screen, eager to listen in on the doctor's report.

"venjix technology is now evolving at an exponential rate. if we don't upgrade the firepower in our zord configurations, venjix will overrun the city within a month."

cameron sighs, as the rest of the rangers take in the news.

it was obvious that venjix was always three steps ahead of them, constantly putting them at a disadvantage. yet, there was only so much, and so little, that they could do to not fall behind, and succumb to another deadly invasion.

unless, of course, they had an extra set of hands.

understanding this, flynn steps forward and voices everyone's thoughts out loud. "we're gonna have to activate series black. th-there's no way around it."

scott turns around to face him, visibly frustrated. "yes, but we don't have an operator that can handle the series black bio hardware."

cameron's head shoots up, as an imaginary lightbulb goes off in her head. she suddenly had an idea.

"where are we supposed to find one now?" scott asks, not expecting an answer.

as flynn remains silent, scott glances at cameron for a split-second, and watches her eyes widen in some sort of realization. he looks away, before storming off, bumping into flynn on the way.

while disregarding the boys, cameron excitedly turns around to face summer, a certain glint shining in her eyes.

"hey, summer?" she asks, as flynn walks past her with a sulking facial expression, "i have an idea."

summer looks up at cameron, pulling herself from her train of thought. the blonde then gestures with her hand for the brunette to continue.

cameron only smiles. "are you thinking what i'm thinking?" she asks, her eyes shining so brightly that they're almost blinding.

looking away, summer knits her eyebrows for a minute, trying to figure out the source of cameron's excitement.

until it hit her. 

she then looks up at cameron once again, her face breaking out into a knowing grin.

cameron smiles even wider, knowing that someone else was on the same page as her.

"well," summer concludes, taking out her phone to text flynn about their future whereabouts, in case anything goes wrong, "we know where to find him."