4. ꜰᴀᴅᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ (3)

THIRD PERSON POV

TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT
, summer and cameron present that same tape from corinth city prison to flynn and scott.

this particular time, however, the video was taped from a different camera that overlooked a large hallway leading to the cafeteria. it was now displaying dillon, who was once again, beating up a good number of prisoners, before tossing them like ragdolls down a spiral staircase.

it was a pretty intimidating sight, as expressed by flynn, who was staring at the screen in surprise.

"sweet mother molasses," he says aloud, his voice already giving away his feelings for dillon's capabilities. on the other hand, scott (who was quietly sitting next to him), looks downward in unnoticeable regret.

he realized that he was wrong about dillon's usefulness to the team, and that further refusing to consider summer and cameron's suggestions (which were more like pleads) for him to be ranger series black? it made him feel worse.

but, granted, he had his reasons to be doubtful of dillon.

he wasn't going to just accept anybody to operate top-secret, bio weaponry like that, and potentially put it in the hands of someone with unimaginable intentions. he always thinks about the repercussions of anything before even considering the advantages, as a leader would.

however, this was a very desperate time for the rangers, and for corinth city.

and they were in dire need of someone like them.

someone who had the physical and mental capacity to handle being series black, and who was willing to defend not just the last city on earth, but others who can't defend themselves, from venjix.

and dillon arriving past the city gates was like a miracle waiting to happen.

nevertheless, summer triumphantly sighs at the screen, before pausing the video, not seeing the point in playing it any longer. she confidently turns around, and walks over to flynn and scott, a proud grin resting on her pretty face.

yet, from a little ways behind her, cameron was quietly leaning against the wall, folded arms across her chest and a satisfied smile settled on her face.

despite being there to assist summer in any way she possibly could, she knew, and understood, that most of the effort had to go to her. nobody was more passionate about dillon becoming ranger series black than summer landsdown.

"impressive enough for you?" she asks, mocking a statement that scott had made earlier about dillon.

quickly hiding his previous facial expression, he looks over at flynn, possibly for some sort of rebuttal, only to be met with him eagerly nodding his head, more than convinced to have dillon on the team. this action makes the red ranger look down for a moment, then look back up at the yellow ranger, a faint, understanding smile forming on his face.

and, of course, he doesn't forget to quickly sneak a glance at cameron, catching her smiling like an idiot at the paused screen, and possibly, from him giving her friend the green light.

and in that moment, it got him thinking that maybe, just maybe, that dillon wasn't the only person that he was wrong about before.

AFTER MAKING A UNANIMOUS DECISION
, summer and cameron confidently lead scott and flynn to the eerie, yet familiar sight of dillon's cell in corinth city prison.