The Bell Test

Author's Note:

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. This is just a warning to say that things are probably going off canon by a lot from this point on. I don't have the motivation or time to rewatch every episode of Naruto so what you get is what I remember :)

Recap:

Damn. Inner really doesn't have any chill. I lead the way to Ichiraku, excited to taste the famous ramen from the guy that knows and witnessed all.

Next up, the bell test.

Recap: End

The next morning, I stumble out of bed and put my hair up in a ponytail without brushing it out. It's 3 in the morning and I could not give a bigger shit.

I barely managed to get ready and stagger out of the house. Although I could have eaten and gone later, the bell test was the time team seven was actually a team, and I wanted to experience at least some part of it since I'm going to try and change a little.

"I resent the fact that I have to wake up when you do. I need my beauty sleep."

Ha suffer. Who are you gonna dress up for anyway?

"What if a hot Yamanaka enters our head? I can't be looking like some sort of grotesque creature" Inner sniffs.

I get the vague impression that she's flipping her hair at me as well.

When I finally reach the training grounds, I see Sasuke standing ramrod straight, as if some stick was inserted up his ass all the way to the top of his head. Despite the firepole up there, he was blinking rapidly and twitching, trying not to fall asleep. Naruto had no such allegations and was passed out, limbs sprawled everywhere.

"That can NOT be comfy. How the hell is spine bent like that?"

I winced. Inner wasn't wrong, Naruto seemed to be showing extreme flexibility that wasn't shown in the original show.

"Morning Sasuke." I grunted, still somewhat out of it and extremely grumpy.

Honestly the audacity that man has. Throughout the entire series he taught us patience more than anything else.

Sasuke just jerked a little and Hn-ed.

I automatically flopped down near Naruto, leaning back on the tree.

"I'm gonna sleep. Wake us up when Kakashi-sensei gets here. I know you ain't sleeping so might as well be useful." I tell Sasuke, wiggling around trying to get comfortable.

He didn't bother to acknowledge my wonderful self and continued to stare into the abyss. 

"I often wonder what's going through his head when he starts doing that."

Stuff it Inner. I'm going to sleep now.

Time Skip

I wake up to a sharp kick to my side.

"Oof. What the fuck Sasuke? I know I said to wake me up but that was just cruel." I glare at the emo, his face looking annoyingly smug.

"Wake the dobe up. Hatake's walking towards us now." He crossed his arms and went back to laminating life as Kakashi's faint form grows larger in the distance.

"Naruto. Naruto. Wake the fuck up please. Kakashi-sensei's here." I poke his face repeatedly.

"Well, that didn't work. Try jumping on him. Like his kid did that one time."