chapter 2

I finally had proper rest thanks to whoever decided to visit us yesterday. I had to wake up from my nap and tidy up, and then I was able to sleep again through till the morning.

I felt more energised and made breakfast for my Dad again. I was looking forward to having dinner and thought that maybe a grilled cheese sandwich was a good option for me since it filled me up for some time.

"Good morning, Marah,"

I jumped at the sound of my dad's voice. It had been so long since he spoke to me.

"G-good morning, Dad," I replied. My mood lifted instantly at his attention. He seemed in a good mood. I placed his eggs and toast in front of him, and he smiled at me. His face looked tired and old.

My stomach clenched at the smile he gave me. It had been so many years since I yearned for him to look at me like that again. I smiled back hesitantly and turned back to look at the dishes I needed to wash.

I hummed to myself as I cleaned the kitchen and then moved to the living room, dusting the shelves and wiping the TV clean.

"Marah, come here." Called my stepmother. I went to the kitchen and looked up at the couple who was seated at the counter.

"Yes?" I asked quietly.

"Come and sign these documents, sweetheart," She smiled. I nodded and thoughtlessly signed the documents that she placed in front of me.

"I have some news for you, Marah," stated my father sternly.

I gulped, glancing at my stepmother's face who was smiling with a weirdly victorious look on her face. Was I in trouble?

"What is it?" I asked shakily.

"You are old enough now to move on to the next part of your life." He said, taking hold of the papers.

I'm sure I looked confused and my stepmother grinned at me.

"I have found you a suitable partner. You will move in with him, soon."

My breath was caught in my throat. "What?" I gasped.

"Yes, dear. He is well established, a little older than you. About 28 years old."

28? I was only 18.

I looked at my dad who was busy signing the remaining documents.

"Dad?" I whispered brokenly.

"What is it?" He asked without any concern for me, his only daughter.

"I- I don't want to!" I cried out. He paused what he was doing and glared at me. I cowered away from his glare but didn't take back what I said.

He stood up from the counter and walked up to me, towering over my shaking body.

"What did you say?" He asked calmly.

I was panting for air, trying to get the words out of my throat.

"I don't want to-"

-⚠️⚠️🚫Warning: Violence 🚫⚠️⚠️-

I screamed as I fell to the floor I felt a sharp sting on my cheek all at once. I cupped my cheek and looked up at him, sobbing full-on now.

"Get up." He ordered lowly.

When I didn't move yelled at me. "Get up, I said."

I scrambled up to my feet and looked down at the floor.

"Your room. Now!" He shouted. His booming voice made me jump and I quickly went up to my room and opened the door. My heart was pounding and my cheek was throbbing. I was sure it was going to leave a bruise on my cheek.

I wasn't alone for very long as they both came upstairs and crowded my room.

I stood there shaking like a leaf, it was too late to take it back now.

"I think it's time I gave you a punishment."

I trembled, shaking my head at him pleadingly. "P-please, Dad." I sobbed, stepping away from him. I watched him place his hands on the buckle of his belt pulling it apart and sliding out the belt and folding it in half.

Terror wracked my body. I couldn't believe my own blood, my father was going to hurt me.

"Thomas!" He yelled.

My stepbrother stepped into my room and looked at the scene in front of him.

"Yeah, Dad." He answered, his tone indicating that he knew exactly what was going to happen.

"Hold her down."

I began screaming at the top of my lungs when he came towards me, fighting off his grip as he held both my wrists in his and wrestled me down onto my bed.

He bent me over the end of my bed, gripping the back of my neck as he held my arms above my head. I couldn't breathe as he pushed my face harder into the mattress.

"Dad, no!" I cried, tears soaking my bedsheets as he stepped closer.

A loud crack along with my scream of pain rang around the room as the belt hit my back. It burned, it felt like my skin ripped open. My body jerked at the next hit and another scream left my mouth. I sobbed and continued to struggle with my stepbrother's grip.

"This will teach you to obey me. I thought your stepmother's punishments would teach you lessons, but you are a stupid, useless brat." He spat, whipping me again.

He didn't stop whipping me, I felt like I was going to pass out soon. The lack of oxygen and pain had made my back numb.

"That's enough, my dear. We don't want to put any permanent damage on her skin." I heard my stepmother say gently. Thomas let me go and I slid off the bed helplessly, falling to the floor. I was hardly conscious as I watched my dad kneel in front of my.

He gripped my hair, pulling me upright to look at him. "Changed your mind?" He asked.

I panted, struggling to keep my eyes open. "Yes." I whimpered.

He released my hair and let me drop to the hard floor again. I was gasping for air and they all left me in the room, locking it up.

The pain was coming back now, my back was in agony. I couldn't move anywhere or the pain would get worse. I could feel every slash of his belt on my back.

This was my father, who used to be there for me at night when I was sick. The same man that used to stay up with me when was scared at night. I cried again at the realisation that that man was never going to come back to me.

I let my eyes close with exhaustion, my body still trembling from the punishment that it received. If my own family was so harsh, what were the chances of him being any better?

With one last shaky sob I felt myself pass out.

♡°•●○___________________________○●•°♡

Well now I'm into writing this book and I might as well start working on The Vampire's Pet. Let's see lol.

Please remember to Vote and Comment your thoughts. We'll be jumping right into the story and will meet the male lead pretty soon.

Z.A.B