chapter 3

No one came into my room for the next day. I was left alone without any food or water. I had managed to drag myself up onto my bed and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. Every time I moved a little during my sleep I'd wake up in extreme pain.

I couldn't tell if the pain had lessened or if I was more cautious whilst moving, but I carefully stood up from the bed and stepped towards my door, and tried the handle. It was locked. They didn't need to lock it. I just wanted some water.

"Hello?" I mumbled weakly, knocking at the door but no one seemed to answer me. Either no one was home or they were just ignoring me. My throat felt parched and I resisted the cough that was forming in my chest. I didn't know what to do.

After a couple of minutes of waiting by the door, I stiffly walked back to my bed and laid down on my belly, and closed my eyes.

I was awoken by voices murmuring around me and quickly sat up. I let out a cry of pain, forgetting that I was injured.

"Oh, dear." She chastised, clicking her tongue. I looked up to see her and Thomas standing in my room, both of their attentions on me.

"Thomas, my dear, go get an ice pack from the freezer and a tea towel."

He rolled his eyes at his mother but went to get the things that she asked for. "Let me have a look."

I stayed sitting and she came behind me and lifted my shirt.

"I told that idiot to not damage your skin too much. These will take weeks to heal."

Thomas came back with an ice pack wrapped in a towel and stood there. "Come, ice her back."

He grinned and sat behind me, unclipping my bra quickly. He pressed the towel onto my skin making me hiss. I shifted away from him reflexively but he quickly wrapped his hand around my neck, squeezing it.

"Now, now. I'm trying to help you." He whispered in my ear. I shuddered uneasily and sat still. My stepmother didn't say anything to stop him, I had no choice but to take whatever he was doing to me.

"If he does decide to bed you, insist on being on your back for a few weeks to avoid showing your injuries." She suggested, but I didn't understand what she meant. Bed me? Did she mean sharing a bed with that man?

"You must stick to your routine, Marah, he is a very strict man. More than your father."

My lip trembled with fear, more fearsome than my father? That would just mean he would also punish me whenever he saw fit. Thomas moved the ice pack to another part of my back as she continued to tell me how I was expected to behave.

"Do not make the mistake of calling him by his first name. Just call him Sir or anything else that he prefers. And whatever he asks you to do, even if you don't like it you have to do it. Do not ever deny him. Understood?" She said sternly, narrowing her eyes at me.

"Yes." I nodded reluctantly.

"I'll be right back." She said and left for a moment.

Thomas continued to ice my back quietly. His other hand rested on my shoulder, slowly moving down my arm. He moved it to my stomach, squeezing my skin firmly.

"What a shame. You're leaving so soon. I didn't even get to have any fun with you." He muttered, his hand trailing lower until he reached the edge of my sweatpants. Just then his mother walked back in and he snatched his hand away. What kind of fun? Did he want to play games?

"When do I have to go?" I asked quietly.

"In a few days."

My heart dropped, it was too fast.

"So quickly?" I asked hesitantly.

"Yes. It's what he wants." She grinned. Every time she smiled at me, I felt unease flow through me. Her look was just unkind. And she always looked at me like that after getting me into trouble with my father. I always denied that she disliked me, but she only proved it now after forcing me to leave my own home. I didn't even know his name. I didn't know how to behave with anyone I didn't know. What was expected of me? What did I have to do? It's been years since I have spoken to anyone who didn't live in this house. I wasn't even allowed to see anyone that had come into our house. They would tell me to go to my room and lock it up.

I looked down at my lap defeatedly, I had to leave so soon. I had to leave the house that I spent some special years in, where I had memories of my real parents when they were happy and in love.

"We should start packing your stuff now. I'll grab a couple of suitcases, that should be enough."

"Thomas, let's go." She said giving him a pointed look. He sighed, annoyed and removed his hands from my body and took the ice pack with him. My back did not feel as sore as before but it was still hurting a lot. I guess icing it did help quite a bit.

My stomach rumbled loudly and I grimaced,  I missed dinner again. I wasn't even sure if I was going to get any today either, I could hardly move. And then there is the workload that must've piled up while I was out.

I crept down carefully and spied the clock on the way to find it was only half past four. I could make it in time for dinner.

The house was quiet, my dad was not home and I wasn't sure where the rest went. She said she would come back but it had been a while.

I made myself a grilled cheese sandwich again since it tasted great and was very filling. I added some black pepper this time to spice it up a little more. If I used any other spice it would overpower the cheese and ruin the taste.

I took it back up to my room with a glass of water and sat on my bed and began to savour each bite again. I had finished the first half when both of them stepped back into my room with some suitcases. I continued to eat as she began looking through my cupboard. Thomas came and sat down next to me again, eyeing me.

I looked down at my lap, not wanting to seem disrespectful. I was about to take another bite before he snatched the partially eaten sandwich from my hand and took a bite.

I snapped up to look at him, upset that he stole my food, the only thing I got to eat the next 24 hours, while he had all day and all night to eat anything he wanted.

"Please can I have it back? I'll make you another one?" I pleaded quietly. He smirked and raised an eyebrow at me.

He moved the sandwich closer to my face, offering me it and I opened my mouth to take a bite and he snatched it from me again.

"No, but you can definitely make me more." He laughed and ate my sandwich. My lip quivered and my stomach rumbled. I was still hungry. I drank my glass of water in silence and turned my attention to my stepmother who had thrown most of my clothes in one suitcase already.

"I have packed your nice clothes, but I'll throw the rest in the bin. We might have to get you some pretty dresses, but that's all you'll be getting from us. Since I am in such a generous mood I'm giving you today and tomorrow off from your chores, but the day after that you will leave in the evening so be ready by 6 pm sharp. He will not excuse your tardiness. Look presentable and remember your manners."

I nodded, feeling tears sting my eyes again, but I wasn't going to cry while they were in my room. I didn't want to get into more trouble for being unhappy with this proposal even though I had agreed.

I just accepted it.

♡°•●○___________________________○●•°♡

Hey next chapter up, hope you enjoy it. We will be meeting the male lead soon. I hope you like it so far. Please remember to VOTE!!!!! AND COMMENT!!!

lots of love,

Z.A.B