The Truth

Y/n's Pov

I wake up and everything is going great. Today is the day. I really hope I haven't screwed up everything with Hailee. Now that I think about it what I said to her was really hurtful. I can't believe I could say something like that to someone. I think about this the rest of the way to school.

(time skip brought to you by Iron man's snap)

I haven't seen Hailee at all today and it's almost our science class. I bet she just had something to do today. Yeah that's it. She's just busy. School ends and I go straight to the community gym to get my mind off of this situation. At the gym I work my quadriceps, triceps, core, and my back. I end my workout with a 25 minute jog on the treadmill. I check my phone to see if Hailee has texted me, but nothing was there.

Hails 🤪🔥❤

4:39

Hey you weren't at school today, so this is me checking on you

5:17

Hailee?

Are you okay?

5:30

I get that you're probably mad at me and hurting right now. And I am truly sorry about what I said. Pls respond I'm worried about you.

Read 5:59

(time skip brought to you by my sucky internet)

Y/n's pov

It has been 4 days now since I last saw Hailee. 4 DAYS!! I have barely gotten any sleep and it is starting to show. My friends are worried about me and Hailee. My coaches and teammates are worried. Heck even people I don't know are worried. I just shrug off their worries the only thing on my mind right now is Hailee and is she okay. I can't stop thinking about her. Maybe she moved schools because of me. No, maybe she is just out of town. That sounds right? I want to go to her house and talk to her, but the only thing stopping me is the fact that I might pour my heart out to her and then get rejected. No one has heard from her. Not even Flo or Zendaya who are her besties. I have made up my mind. That's right I am going to her house after my practice today.

(time skip brought to you by.....🏀)

"Alright get strectched! As a team."I hear my coach yell at us. After we stretch he decides to let us scrimmage since we have the whole floor. This is exactly what I needed. Something to help me forget my worries. And basketball does exactly that. The scrimmage begins and as soon as that ball touches my hand it feels like a weight has been temporarily lifted from my shoulders. After practice is over I debate on whether or not to go home and shower first, but I know if I go home I won't be able to convince myself to go to her house. Once I get there I park my car in her driveway and walk up to the front door and knock. I hear somebody say one second. I am assuming it's her mom since Hailee doesn't have any sisters. Great the first time I will be meeting her parents is when I am all sweaty and gross. The door opens and Hailees mom looks confused. thats right she doesn't know me. "Hi Mrs. Steinfeld. I am Y/n one of Hailees friends. Is she home?" "So you're the Y/n she's always talking about. Yes she is just upstairs I will go get her." Her mom says then walks away to get Hailee. The Y/n she always talks about??? She talks about me to her family?? I feel a blush creep onto my face when I hear the front door shut and Hailee grabs my arm dragging me away. "Hailee?? HAILEE??" I yell trying to get her to stop walking and let me talk, but before I can she stops and turns around, "What! What could you want to talk about?" She looks on the brink of tears. "I am sorry. I am sorry about all the things I said to you. I meant none of it." I tell her. "That's all ok great" she says starting to walk away. I grabbed her wrist stopping her, "Hailee, I didn't mean any of those things because I-I-I'm in..." "WHAT you're in what." She says angrily. It stings a little but she has every right. "Love. I am in love with you. I said all those stupid things because I had just saw you kissing someone when I just didn't have the context. Once Flo explained everything to me yes everything I realized I messed up real bad. I understand if you don't like me like that anymore and I totally understand. I mean who would in the first place? heh anyway I have had a crush on you since we first met. Since that day you helped me pick up my books that had fallen. I get it if you're still mad at me and never want me to talk to you again I completely understand. I just couldn't continue the sleepless nights thinking about you and everyone asking me if I was ok and if I knew where you were. Come to think of it I haven't slept in 5 days... anyway I just came to speak my mind. I'll be on my way now. Bye Hails" I end walking away.

AN: Sorry I haven't updated recently but here it is. I have been swamped I had testing last week and this week then my finals are in 2 weeks. And I got like 2 hours and 45 minutes of sleep Monday which set me back a bit. I have testing tomorrow and a test in biology yay. If any of you have advice on having your first girl crush and being able to talk to her that would be helpful. Thank y'all so much for reading my story!! Criticism is welcome and have a good day/night! ❤:)