happy birthday steven!

hello! everyone reading this, before i begin writing i would like to thank lilhay_123 for making me wanna write something su themed. you should totally go read their steven and connie fanfic!! (even if it was written in 2019 and i'm reading it in 2023🤠)

(I CHANGED THEIR AGES TO 19 AND 20 SO I DIDNT GET ATTACKED LMAOO)
<———————————————————————>

Steven walks out of blue diamonds room and down the long, endless hall. He enters his mothers room and asks the pebbles for a place to sit.

Pearl walks in with Steven's travel bag "Steven! ive almost got all your things packed to head home." Steven sighs as pearls voice becomes fainter, he isn't listening. Steven takes out his phone noticing he has a text from ' Strawberry🌷~ '

'hey biscuit! when are u getting back? me and gems have a special surprise for yoouuu!'

Steven smiles and replies.

'hey strawberry!! i'm not sure. the diamonds really want me to live with them, ugh'

'Strawberry🌷~ is typing. . .' he waits.

'yikes. well, i hope you're able to come back sometime soon tomorrow.💗'

Steven cheeks glow pink as his puts his phone away, it's august 14th tomorrow, his birthday and the only thing he wants to see is connie's face, to hear her laugh and to hear her talk to him all day long about what's been going on in Beach City.

"steven?" Steven snaps back into reality, pearl is waving her hand in his face, "steven, are you okay?" pearls asks "i'm fine, just- zoned out thats all" steven says. Pearl continues to talk while steven slowly falls asleep.

"steven, steven! wake up please." steven opens his eye slightly to see pearl standing above him "augh- what time is it.." steven yawns and sits up rubbing his eyes. Pearl explains that it's the 14th of august and that they should be heading back to earth now, "what? it's my birthday already? did i really sleep that long." steven can barely open his eyes nor is he awake enough to walk all the way to the warp pad. Pearl takes steven by the arm and starts walking towards the warp, "stay here i'm just going back to get your other bag, okay?" she says and walks away, steven just sits in silence waiting for pearl to return.

Pearl finally returns and they warp back to earth. steven is yawing and rubbing his eyes, about to fall asleep when "HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEVEN!!!" steven jumps awake again as the gems, connie and his dad shout out as soon as they seen him, connie runs up to him and hugs him "so sleepy head, what do u think?" steven and connie hold hands as steven looks around the temple all decorated, "this is.. awesome!" he says excitedly "knew you'd like it" connie laughs and pulls steven over to talk to the others.

STEVEN'S POV🙀

Pearl walks over to my dad and they chat for a while, everyone is having fun! but i just can't stop looking at her, i get lost in thought, "she's so pretty.. her laugh, her smile, her voice, her hair, her.. everything! just looking at her makes me melt" i instantly snap out of it when i release connie has noticed i'm staring "uhh, steven are you okay?" connie asks concerned, "o-oh! uhm yeah! i'm fine, sorry just spaced out again.. heh" i laugh it off trying not to seem like a complete weirdo.

connie just looks at me confused and goes back to talking with amethyst and garnet, god i feel so stupid, why do i always have to stare at her. i just.. cant stop myself sometimes- "augh c'mon universe stop being such an idiot" i say in my head as i look around to see everyone having so much fun, i think i'm also having fun, i don't really know, it doesn't feel like i'm having fun it's my birthday, i'm finally 20 years old.. adult hood is coming my way so why am i not having fun?

I walk up the wooden steps to the patio and enter the temple, walking up to my room i stop half way up the stairs and look out the window at everyone once again talking and enjoying themselves, not even noticing i'm gone. as i look closer i relise connie's not with them? "hey uh.." i jump and freeze when i hear connie walk through the door, she must've followed me. my back facing her, "steven..?" a shiver runs up my spine as she says my name, i turn around a look at connie. "h-hey! connie.. whatcha d-doin?" i try and seem cool but standing half way up the stairs to your room isn't exactly an ideal position for 'cool' now is it?

CONNIE'S POV🤭

steven walks back down the stairs and stands in front of me, we don't say anything for a good minute or so, we just stare.

i decided to break the silence after looking into his dark eyes for so long, i never noticed they had a slight pink tint to them. "are you okay?" i ask, worried that he doesn't like the party i put together for him and that he's overwhelmed by everything, "i'm fine! just uhhm.." i watch him closely, reading his body language i can tell he's nervous, but why? i see him gulp and trying not to make eye contact with me. I then exclaim "steven if somethings bothering you, you can tell me. y'know that right?" i walk slightly closer to steven and look up at him, i hated the fact he was taller then me now

wait, is he blushing!?

My cheeks glow slightly red aswell as i step back a little looking away. "o- of course! i know that. i just.. i." he's cut short when amethyst walks in, "sup ste-man! a- wait.. were you two gunna start kissin' or somethin' ?"  amethyst questions us jokingly and i see steven's whole body glow pink, "w- what? no! not cool amethyst." he looks away and i smile a little while blushing, "he's adorable.." i say in my head, then i processed what amethyst just said and i blush even more also looking away.

NARRATOR POV

connie takes steven out of the temple and back outside to play games! the day goes on as steven is actually having fun now. laughing and playing around with the gems, his dad and connie.

<—————————————————————————->

amazing, be prepared for more.. cuteness i guess? in the other chapters. i'm not the best at writing 'love stories' but i am okay ish at sad ones so there will be a sad chapter because i am all powerful and drink your tears- okay i'll stop i'm sorry i'm sounding really weird now. BYE 🫶🏻‼️